Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had one of those weekends that reminds me why we do this stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face Had one of those weekends that reminds me why we do this stuff!

I had a great weekend racing with the SoCal guys at AutoClub Speedway this weekend, which was a real treat, as my home in IL is still in a deep freeze. I didn't win either race, but had more fun than most I have won.

Some random thoughts

1. What a great group of guys out in Socal 944 Spec (and NASA) This weekends reminded me why we do this - great racing, great camraderie, great memories! Everyone is pretty closely matched (well almost, see below), and that made for some great nose to tail racing all weekend long!
2. Tyler Palmer is the real deal - a 16 y/o phenom, but with a great attitude, and level head - mature beyond his 16 years. Tyler won both races this weekend going away, and never put a foot wrong, or a scratch on that pretty green car!
3. Tim Comeau runs a great rental program, and is a heck of a nice guy! I drove the #22 Liqui-Moly car all weekend, and had a blast. Tim worked really hard to make it all go smoothly! Thanks Tim!
4. I had more fun racing ending up in 4th place Saturday than I can remember. In that crazy race I went from second (off pole) to last, back up to second, then to last, and back up to 4th. What a melee that race was - all without body contact! Sunday was a little less eventful for me, but was another 40 minute cage match just behind me!
5. Sure is nice to escape the frozen tundra to go race in Cali this time of year!
6. Was nice to meet some of you guys in person, like JR Gordon
7. Thanks for the tips/videos from this board - brought me up to speed pretty quickly. That is, after I blew the start, and watched every car in the field creep by on the oval before we even got to the infield (doh!). It was fun working my way back up to 2nd, though.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Nice shot.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you rent a car or tote your new one out there ?

Tom
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

JR, how was the new motor??? 1:48s??
Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom, new one is not done yet. It looks like Sam Grant may get the orange one, and Dan (XSBoost90) is looking for another car. That could make 6 cars already for the Great Lakes region before the first event if you're on board.

Tim Comeau helped me out with a ride (see OP)

Quick Reply: Had one of those weekends that reminds me why we do this stuff!