Sponsored by:

Homestead Grand Am - Memo should have owned up

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
nshanny
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homestead Grand Am - Memo should have owned up

I was watching the race this weekend, and although I like the Ganassi team and think Scott Pruett is probably one of the best drivers out there, I found Memo's ownership of the racing incident with Mike Shank racing to be disappointing.

He was clearly in the wrong, the team manager said he was in the wrong, and sheesh, look at the replay. It was pretty obvious to me. They got their penalty, but he should learn to own to up his mistakes. Personally, he ended up looking like a twit.

Otherwise, a very good race.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Homestead Race

I agree with your opinion wrt Memo's response to the incident.

I watched the race and I thought it sucked, I'm tired (npi) of watching racing that is limited by race cars running crappy tires (or decided by fuel) ... The entire race was decided by who had the best crappy tires. I miss the old days when races were decided by the fastest car on the track. Racing is following our society in the US ... Let's all be equal, mediocre, that way no one feels left out. God forbid we allow competition and someone loses ... Everyone should get a trophy, right?

Sorry for the rant, but if I paid to see the Homestead race I'd be pissed.

Regards, Dave

Last edited by Dave 86 930 Fl; 03-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
nshanny
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure I agree. F1 used to allow the fastest car to win, but then it became a question of who has the most money. From a fan perspective, that just sucks. Where F1 is today is just as bad and over regulated. F1 is boring.

The tire issue at Homestead is interesting in that it forces the entire team to adjust according to the track conditions and strategy. Who can drive to preserve tires, which team figured out a good setup, etc. It becomes more of a drivers race as compared to who has the most money to develop the chassis, engine, etc.

Of all of the racing series out there, Grand Am is actually interesting. Not great, but more interesting than other series. ALMS is another series that I like.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Is it just me, or is Homestead one of the most boring tracks to watch a race at (on TV)?

Quick Reply: Homestead Grand Am - Memo should have owned up