Sponsored by:

Mid-Ohio was just sold....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
magnetic1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
I also agree that the track itself is in good shape (and so much fun). The facilities; not so much.
Who doesnt like carpenter bees?

I just hope they will let me bring the pup to the track now
Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 AM
sig_a
Pro

Originally Posted by Arkadi
Not at all customer friendly. Chicken **** rules and a take it or leave it attitude.

The track itself is great and has been well maintained but the facilities have fallen behind similar "premiere" tracks like the Glen and VIR. Of course they still wanted top dollar for rental though. Hopefully the new folks "get it".
The thirty year old paddock restrooms need a remodel. And they should at least pound a few new nails into those rickety picnic tables by the concession stand.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have been trying to get them to construct a room or facility that can handle feeding 150 people. we would like to do more dinners or functions at the track rather than going off site. If it rains you can only get about 50 people in the goodyear tower. It would be nice if they addressed hospitality at the track.

VIR has a nice room over the concession stand.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 AM
michael lang
Advanced

I saw this on the SpeedTV ticker yesterday during the GrandAM race. I've never been there but it is on my list of tracks to drive. My thoughts were with the new ownership group being experienced and involved in race promotions and knowing how to manage a professional race team, there will probably be more televised events from that track which will be a really good thing for the comminuity and its revenue opportunities, the facility may get the upgrades it needs and the track will always attract the smaller local clubs for its venues. Kinda all the things I wish for my home track.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Our experience with a sale a couple of years ago of Brainerd International Raceway (all of you have to come up her once to experience turns one and two flat out) is that the new owners are going to pump at least some money in and do some things to try to spruce the track up. At BIR the new owner has done that although he's got some goofy new procedures (giving you cards they have to scan each time you go in and out of the gate in addition to the wrist bands) and also they've built a new "short course" that cuts the track in half so they can run drag races in addition to shorter road races (IMHO a great plan but poorly done) but all in all, an improvement over previous ownership.
Be prepared for higher rentals, however, as that's almost inevitable. But, on the other hand, in today's economy, even Daytona International Speedway is willing to "work" with race sanctioning bodies whereas they once had an arrogant "we've got the only one and you are going to pay for it" attitude.
My bet is we'll see some decent improvements to M-O and perhaps a better attitude towards clubs renting.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,656 Likes on 854 Posts

Hey Bruce, are you coming to TWS in 2 weeks?

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio was just sold....