Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monticello for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: gofishracing@aol.com
Sent: 5/20/2011 10:02:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Monticello Motor Club Membership Price Increases

Monticello Motor Club Membership Price Increases...

Effective June 1, 2011, our existing Bronze Membership will increase $5,000.00 from the current $25,000.00 to $30,000.00 Additionally, our Silver Membership will also be increasing from its current price of $60,000.00 to $62,500.00 effective June 1, and continue to increase $2,500.00 each month until its final price of $70,000.00 is reached on September 1, 2011. Our Gold Membership pricing will remain at $125,000.00 for the remainder of the 2011 Season.

The Gold and Silver Memberships are designed to allow their respective members the ability to re-market their membership once the club reaches its membership capacity benchmarked at 450 members. The Gold Membership affords its exclusive members unlimited track access throughout each driving season. The Silver Membership affords its members (15) fifteen track visits per season while the Bronze Membership affords its members (12) track days per season. The Bronze Membership is limited to only 10 years of continued use (expiring in 2020). Bronze Members have the ability to upgrade to Gold or Silver memberships and apply their initial membership fee, as many of our initial Bronze Members have.

Monticello Motor Club is experiencing unbridled growth. We have continually improved our facilities, phased development, driver programs, driver services, and member hospitality. Monticello Motor Club is poised for continued growth and we are focused on overall improvements resulting in high member satisfaction as we continue to deliver on the promise made when we opened in 2008.

We invite you to come visit our World Class Venue and discover for yourself why Monticello Motor Club is North America's Premier Automotive Resort and Private Race Track.

To schedule a Private Club Visit, tour our facility, and most importantly spend some time with current members, please contact Jonathan Wein at jwein@monticellomotorclub.com or (845) 428-1462

Monticello Motor Club
Track: 67 Cantrell Road
Monticello, NY 12701

www.MonticelloMotorClub.com

This message was sent to gofishracing@aol.com from:

Monticello Motor Club | 67 Cantrell Road | Monticello, NY 12701
Old 05-21-2011, 12:26 PM
aristraus
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Answers about Monticello Motor Club

Gents,

I’d like to clear up a few things about Monticello Motor Club raised in this thread.

MMC is, first and foremost, a private motorsports country club where members come first, enjoying almost unlimited track time and first-class amenities. Think of a high-end private golf course but replace the links with 4.1 miles of twisty asphalt with 450 feet of ups and downs. We’re not a rental track that carves out a few days each season and calls it a “Driver’s Club.” Our members have access to a brand-new $4MM glass clubhouse overlooking our South Pits, private concierge services, an on-site service center, private storage, and a fleet of 30 track-dedicated cars, from twenty 556HP Cadillac CTS-V Coupes to two Spec Porsche Boxsters, ten Spec Mazda Miatas, a Radical SR-8, Lotus 2-eleven, Supercharged Lotus Elise, and a Ferrari 430 Challenge car.

On most days, driving MMC is limited to members and their approved driving guests (and non-members are restricted to driving MMC no more than twice annually). However, there are a few ways to experience MMC to see if membership is right for you. Free private tours are open to those who may be eligible for membership. Also, we have a few “Partner Invitational” days allocated for select member candidates to drive their car (or one of our 30+ rental cars) for a nominal fee which counts as credit towards membership. Last, we offer our “Taste of the Track” program that provides a full day of driving for $2,500 and includes breakfast and lunch, private “in-car” instruction and lapping sessions. This fee is also credited should you decide to take advantage of membership within 30 days of participating. To arrange any of these limited options, please email Jonathan Wein at jwein@monticellomotorclub.com.

Now approaching 200 club members, who have unparalleled access to their track on both weekends and weekdays, MMC continues to increase the price of its membership each season as we expect to sell out within a few years – then limiting membership availability to when an existing member decides to sell. And while membership at MMC is not an investment instrument, the value of membership based on prior price increases has far exceeded market returns.
Below are answers to some questions/comments raised in this thread and more details about membership options and 2011 price increases (our 4th since opening).

Please feel free to email me with any additional questions – ari@monticellomotorclub.com

Ari Straus, President

Thread Q&A

Q: Comment from J Berk: “My neighbor across the street is a long-time racer in the corvette, A/C Cobra (real one!) and vintage jag racing circles....he apparently knows the CEO from MMC and he says he has heard they will continue to allow clubs as long as the economy is struggling.”
A: Who is your neighbor and what does he do? (repeat this in a think Arnold Schwarzenegger accent). We announced in 2010 that we will no longer allow car club rentals at MMC. This decision is unrelated to economic trends. Rather, we are a private country club, and we opened a few days in our first two years to allow local enthusiasts to experience the club.

Q: Comment from DINOROCS, “Great track and facility, IMHO it is a silly idea to expect to be successful in the future with having only "members"”
A: Thanks for the kind words. As a members-only country club, we appear to be one of the few tracks that is profitable. To date, we’ve invested $40MM into MMC, the club is owned by a small handful of dedicated enthusiast and myself, we have relatively little debt, and we’re cash positive. Unfortunately, we are sometimes grouped with the woes of other racetracks (e.g., the recent bankruptcy filing by NJMP).

Q: ACE996, “We're looking at July for an event. Probably 20-30 guys for the South Course (full course is $14K for a day...too much $$$ as we can't have too many people in the group). It will be a "private outing"...friends of mine celebrating my birthday. You interested? Let me know ASAP. Cost will be between $250-350, depending on how many people.”
A: ACE996, we appreciate your interest in renting the track for a corporate outing, but we do not allow a rental intended for resale. Other than member days which account for most track time at MMC, 99% of non-member events are South Course rentals for manufacturers and our private corporate-day programs.

2011 Price Increases

Our Bronze Membership is a 10 year non-saleable license to drive up to 12 days/season. With annual dues currently at $3,150, this entry-level option provides membership at approximately $470/day… and a day at MMC often means 4+ hours of driving time, the equivalent of 3-4 typical club days. Currently, our Bronze Membership one-time initiation fee is $25,000 and will increase to $30,000 effective June 1. Upon increase, we intend to remove this membership option all together around July 15, 2011. Thereafter, only our
Silver and Gold Memberships will be available.

Our Silver Membership, with annual dues of $3,860, is a valuable option with lots of driving time (15 days/season) that lasts a lifetime (expires 2056) and can be resold (upon reaching 450 members). The Silver Membership one-time initiation fee is currently at $60,000.

The initiation fee for Silver Membership will increase as follows:

• $62,500 on June 1, 2011
• $65,000 on July 1, 2011
• $67,500 on August 1, 2011
• $70,000 on September 1, 2011

Our Gold Members also enjoy a lifetime membership but have unlimited access to the track and 6 driving guest passes per year (additional driving guest passes may be purchased at $1,000/pass). With unlimited non-driving guest privileges, priority access to club services and offerings (such as private garages), and the ability to resell the membership upon reaching 450 members, Gold is for the discerning automotive enthusiast. The one-time initiation fee for Gold Members will remain at $125,000 for the 2011 season.

Any Silver or Gold Member may purchase an additional license for immediate family members at 50% off the initiation fee and annual dues. MMC has become a favorite among driving couples and fathers and sons.

Click here to review membership details or contact us at info@monticellomotorclub.com.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Ari

Thanks for the info.

While I don't 'get' the Arnold comment, my neighbor was the second person who I know that had claimed to 'know you' and had conversation re: club use of MMC.

Hearing that there are truly no more club oportunities saddens me and makes me all the more upset about having been wait-listed for the NNJR event last year.

As I hear it, it is a world class facility!

Thanks

Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 06:29 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  LBC.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  19.6 KB
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 PM
ace996
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aristraus
Q: ACE996, “We're looking at July for an event. Probably 20-30 guys for the South Course (full course is $14K for a day...too much $$$ as we can't have too many people in the group). It will be a "private outing"...friends of mine celebrating my birthday. You interested? Let me know ASAP. Cost will be between $250-350, depending on how many people.”
A: ACE996, we appreciate your interest in renting the track for a corporate outing, but we do not allow a rental intended for resale. Other than member days which account for most track time at MMC, 99% of non-member events are South Course rentals for manufacturers and our private corporate-day programs.
Ari,
Thanks for coming on and clearing up some questions we had.

ON my point, I have no plans on a "resale"....I wanted to rent the track for my birthday and invite 29 or so friends who share my love of driving and the MMC full-course. As I'm not baller-enough to afford to pay for the track rental myself, I would ask my friends to share that cost with me.
Is this not available? I'll need to clear this up my contact at MMC who's been nothing but amazing at helping me plan a day.

Be good,
TomK

Quick Reply: Monticello for 2011