Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else had issues with Brad Roberts Automotive Group? also in Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Wow....This is some thread. What a story.
+1
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not at all sure that restarting this discussion was a smart move
I've found 90% of the people out there will come to their own conclusion and make up their own mind and not be influenced by what they read online. They discuss "qualifying" the person who is spewing.

Unfortunately/Fortunately? I have had my whole life exposed online since 1994 or so.

Not long ago, I had to qualify several people spewing info about you (people well known in Mass.) I listened, made up my own mind (then quietly applauded your past) I was surprised, but I'm a guy.. had to hoist a beer to you later that evening!!

at TWS this weekend talking with several Specbox drivers
I know who attended the event, I'll be sure to follow up with them.

but in no way should I be considered a supporter
Duly noted. I still appreciate your guidance in the past.

You have obviously forgotten that you still owe me
No. I didn't forget the $200 I owe you. Just sent it Via Paypal

B
Old 02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

I've been asked multiple times to write an article for Excellence in regards to the 914 prototype car.

Only a hand few of people who actually attended the court proceedings actually know what happened and how it went down. I know who they are (they were driving 7-8 hours to attend the proceedings) When the judge calls the car a "pot planter" and asks the DA "why are we in court about this"??

The bottom line was: "possession of stolen property" Not auto theft, not grand theft, possession..

B
Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

Just in case Laurie doesn't post that he was paid the $200 owed.

B

Please do not post other members personal information

Last edited by DAVISRILEY; 02-08-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Personal info
Old 02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad, I'm pretty new here and would probably never need your services but I have enjoyed this give and take and appreciate that you are opening the kimono. Why not open it a little more and post some pictures of your business and some of the cars you are working on today (assuming this is okay with the moderators). As they say here on RL, without pics it didn't happen. LOL.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 252 Posts

Wow, this keeps getting better.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 80 Posts

Is it OK to say something nice about Brad?

I met him last year when I bought my SpecBox from a guy in CA. Brad was already heading this way to help a buddy of mine finish building his car. I paid him to deliver the car to me which he did.

When he got here he also spent hours helping me set up and align the car as well as helping my friend finish his car.

While he was working on my car his phone rang often. My take on that is that I don't want the guy working on my car to be constantly on the phone. I want him working on the car. I've used other mechanics that spend too much time on the phone and not enough time wrenching. It's a tough balance.

Since then he has happily fielded tech and historical questions about the car.

While I understand there is history between Brad and others here I thought I should share at least one good story.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad helped me at Rennsport with a faulty kill switch that kept me from passing tech. I didn't even have to really ask.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Add me to the group that has had only positive experiences with Brad. On many occasions over the years when we had car issues at the track Brad dove right in and spent a significant amount of time helping us out. It wasn't a business deal and he asked for nothing at all in return, just another racer who is passionate about Porsche and wanted to lend a hand. Last time we were at Laguna Brad even helped out troubleshooting our diesel motorhome that wouldn't start!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a Spec Boxster back in 2008, $30k for a supposedly good car. I wish I could have had Brad to check the car before I bought it, because I would have passed on the car.

Brad made my SpecBoxster ownership more pleasant, of what it would have been without his support.

Anyway, my car broke the transmission at an autocross, just the 2nd event with it, and Brad had me on the road in less than a week with an used transmission installed for $1,000. During the transmission swap, he found some broken suspension parts (bushings and mounts), asked me to get my opinion on replacing them with used/new parts, or fixing them, I followed his recommendation which was what I would have done anyway, due to the type of problem. He would travel across L.A. to pick-up my car at home due to my limited time availability to get the car to him for repairs.

He's been very supportive of people that doesn't have any business with him. I have seen him wrenching on people's cars for free, when other shops with technicians on-site won't even offer a hand, many times, not 3 or 4 times.

Brad is very knowledgeable, a nice guy, difficult to get on the phone as anyone else busy is, hard worker and fun.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Well, after posting somebody's email address without permission I certainly would never consider doing business with you.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Brad,
I'm still one of the good guys but you must be mistaking our encounter with someone else.

To begin with, this is the first time of ever heard that you allegedly sent the stuff I sent you to someone else. Why would you have done that? If I wanted Chris to do the work I would have sent it to him in the first place and you never asked for my permission to do so.. Hell, afterall he's in CT (two states away from me) and you in CA, 3000 miles away.
You seem to forget that you had posted on the 914 club web site the ability to convert front 914 struts over to Ground Controls two way adjustable insert.
I may not remember the time line exactly but it was weeks if not months that went by without you giving me the courtesy of responding to my repeated attemts to contact you.
Finally out of desperation I contacted Erik Madsen to see if, based on his long relationship with you, if he could somehow convince you to return my parts one way or the other.
I guess he finally got through to you because one day he calls me and says that a package was sitting on his front door step with my dismembered struts in side. The package was from you.
I don't know about all the other crap going on with you but in my case you've acquired a case of selective amnesia....and dude I've not gone looking for you at track events but perhaps if you attend an event and see my name on the entry list you could stop by and say hello.
Cheers,
Tom B.
BTW, I didn't buy the car from D.Evans but I'm glad to hear you were able to help him during a difficult time in his life.

Last edited by tomburdge; 02-07-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: post script
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Clay Perrine
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The truth speaks louder any lie. The conviction was felony auto theft. Read it yourself and then decide for yourself.

San Bernadino Criminal Courts Official Record

Oh, and if you want to check on my background... here you go. Read all you want. In the spirit of full disclosure, you will get results for my father and a few for my grandfather, as I am named after them.

"Clay Perrine" Google Search

If any of you feel you want to check me out to verify this, please do so. I will even provide references for you.

Clay
Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

My goodness, can't a moderator take down Laurie's email info??!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
jittsl
Racer

How about a moderator shut down the thread? Is there any possible value in this? Let me sum it up -

A lot of people who have had Brad help them at the track think he is knowledgeable and keen to help (I agree).

Some (but not all) people who have actually done business with Brad (ie sent him money and expected something in return) have had issues with Brad's conduct. Most people in this category are fulfilled in the end but the process can be a nightmare.

Some people still claim Brad has never fulfilled.

There are many rumors and stories about Brad's past. Most appear to have some basis in fact but like most myths have grown over time.

The end.

I for one am sick of Brad and the whole subject. Can we just end this?

Brad, please take down your reply that shows my email. That's just not kosher.

Quick Reply: Anybody else had issues with Brad Roberts Automotive Group? also in Boxster Forum