Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: JRZ RS's From My 996 Spec.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car really looks great, you need to buy these JRZ's and come out to the PCA and NASA events.
Your car is so stunning it will look good even coming in after the Boxster.

The Box and 996 are here at the shop if you want to stop by and take a peak at them. I'll be working all weekend.
Let me know,
Viking

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Um......WTF is up with that Boxster? I hear it's so fast that it doesn't even need brakes.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Your car really looks great, you need to buy these JRZ's and come out to the PCA and NASA events.
Your car is so stunning it will look good even coming in after the Boxster.

Viking
Bueller? Bueller?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,663 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Bueller? Bueller?
+Juan

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would really like a Rennlister to buy these JRZ's, so I'll list some purchasing options if that helps anyone here. They haven't been dropped off to ERP (JRZ rebuilder) yet, they're sitting in my car. So...I'll offer them 3 ways:

As previously listed rebuilt with springs, etc. for $2,900.

Without rebuilding them for $2,500. with springs, etc. They really don't need anything besides one new adjuster I lost. They work perfectly but I thought they would market better rebuilt. Includes the needed adjuster.

Without rebuilding and without springs, hats, etc. for $2,250.

It's a good deal in any of the above configurations.....
Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take small childern in trade?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Or wives ?
I have a couple ex-wives .......

Originally Posted by CWhaley
Take small childern in trade?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Rebuilt with the springs is a deal IMHO, and I can vouch for these being a great setup. JR ran really fast and was hooked up suspension wise at the NASA Nationals.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I would really like a Rennlister to buy these JRZ's, so I'll list some purchasing options if that helps anyone here. They haven't been dropped off to ERP (JRZ rebuilder) yet, they're sitting in my car. So...I'll offer them 3 ways:

As previously listed rebuilt with springs, etc. for $2,900.

Without rebuilding them for $2,500. with springs, etc. They really don't need anything besides one new adjuster I lost. They work perfectly but I thought they would market better rebuilt. Includes the needed adjuster.

Without rebuilding and without springs, hats, etc. for $2,250.

It's a good deal in any of the above configurations.....
Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Sold pending payment. Thanks guys for the fun thread....
Old 02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 262 Posts

I think it did ok for it's first track outing, I will be dialing it up a notch on both the 996 and the Boxster for the NASA Cresson event and then the TWS event and then we can see where they stand after that.
I plan on running in 3 with my old 911 for Cresson. I figure if I have any chance to catch Kevin in the Box it will be before you get it fully tuned in and on my home track. If he gets under 1:20 like Jay did I have no chance, but north of there I should be able to at least give chase.

Should be a couple more 3 cars besides us out there. Will be a fun weekend!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 AM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great job JR.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Rebuilt with the springs is a deal IMHO, and I can vouch for these being a great setup. JR ran really fast and was hooked up suspension wise at the NASA Nationals.
Definitely smarter to get all the parts at once. It can take months to get little parts like collars and seals from JRZ.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jakermc
I plan on running in 3 with my old 911 for Cresson. I figure if I have any chance to catch Kevin in the Box it will be before you get it fully tuned in and on my home track. If he gets under 1:20 like Jay did I have no chance, but north of there I should be able to at least give chase.

5 cars in class qualifies for the Yokohama contingency guys....

http://www.tracksideperformance.com/...ency_forms.pdf
Old 02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

I really have no idea what he will run at Cresson. With Kevin being new in the car, and the car being so freshly built and in development still there is no telling. I will be trying to get some more power out of the car as well as start dialing in the suspension. At the last race (first race) I didn't change a thing on the suspension, it was all set where I had decided would be a good baseline and we just ran it. As it turned out those settings seemed to do ok for our baseline.
I suspect that when I am done tweaking the Boxster it will be faster than Jay's 996 was in GTS3.

Who else is coming to join us in GTS3 ? ? ?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 262 Posts

Who else is coming to join us in GTS3 ? ? ?
Pretty sure Lisa Vaughn will be out in her BMW. Car is heavy for NASA, I think she runs in the 1:24s. And there is another BMW making their NASA debut that weekend. Hope to get a few more, but those are the ones I've talked to.

Right now my 911 is having an idle issue, it stalls if I take my foot off the throttle. Hope to solve it this weekend, dyno the car the following weekend, and have it ready for Cresson. Meanwhile the 996 needs to go to the body shop.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Cool. I like Lisa, besides being much prettier than most of the other racers she drives really well. At ECR she made some great passes and held her own very well all with some great wheel to wheel, door to door, close racing.

A BMW making their debut ? Oh please tell me it's DD or GS, that would just make things so much more fun. Now I am really motivated to turn up the wick !

No biggie on the idle issue, you don't ever need to idle, just keep your foot in it.

Pretty sure Lisa Vaughn will be out in her BMW. Car is heavy for NASA, I think she runs in the 1:24s. And there is another BMW making their NASA debut that weekend. Hope to get a few more, but those are the ones I've talked to.

Right now my 911 is having an idle issue, it stalls if I take my foot off the throttle. Hope to solve it this weekend, dyno the car the following weekend, and have it ready for Cresson. Meanwhile the 996 needs to go to the body shop.

Quick Reply: FS: JRZ RS's From My 996 Spec.....