Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMWCCA club race to allow Porsches, did I hear right????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JClark
I would expect it to. Last year's newest all BMW rule extended to Ofest at Road Am and we had a big SCCA T2/T3 contingent.
Nice. I'm currently signed up to instruct all 5 days, but would be willing to change my plans!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
Nice. I'm currently signed up to instruct all 5 days,
Same here

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 AM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Believe me I tried to spin it every way possible to wifey... Even that she could drive it and that it is Daytona Violet..
So I'm still going to need to get a nice V-Day present for her.. and for Reciprocity because My signature will have an M3 Race car in it by the 15th..
You BasXXXX! You called Lori yesterday, told her you were going to make the plunge and that's why she told me to go make a deal - she knew it was off the market.....that's why she was so agreeable.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently it must be a regional thing, I emailed the Tarheel rep (North Carolina) about trying to get some Spec Boxsters into the VIR BMW club race and got this response:

"Hi Scott. *Right now, BMW CCA Club Racing consists of only BMW cars, not other marques. *Coincidentally, I saw a note recently that they may be considering the addition of other marques, but that is not the case right now."

I guess we are out of luck for this year, that is a shame after talking to the Texas Spec Boxster group at Sebring that raced last year with them!!!!!!

Am I missing something????
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

At VIR in the past they've split the weekend with another group so they don't have the full weekend of time to play with. That might be the reason they aren't too open to extra cars. Not sure if that is the case currently but IIRC they've run with vintage groups recently.

I'm sure you could run the Boxsters in an SCCA weekend and run the car in one of the catchall classes. 5 or so weekends at VIR with that. Plus the 13 hour race in October.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Do they have a 13/13 type rules?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

yes, BMWCCA club racing has a 13/13 rule.

the Texas /OK BMWCCA chapters have allowed Porsches to run with us for several years, as VR mentioned. Mainly in an effort to increase competitor participation but also to keep racing events financially solvent. We also had a few NASA BMW racers with us as well. It was great racing.

Quick Reply: BMWCCA club race to allow Porsches, did I hear right????