Sponsored by:

Spa-Francorchamps with Trackdays.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spa-Francorchamps with Trackdays.co.uk

I'm considering booking a trackday at Spa-Francorchamps with a UK company called Trackdays. Does anyone have any experience with this organization? I just wanted to get opinions before going ahead and booking a day.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 779 Posts

What is the date?
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I'm considering booking a trackday at Spa-Francorchamps with a UK company called Trackdays. Does anyone have any experience with this organization? I just wanted to get opinions before going ahead and booking a day.

I believe I met the chap who owns that outfit last November in Dubai. Seemed like a good guy.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What is the date?
Wednesday, April 13. I understand it's an "open pitlane" day, with a 105dB limit. Seems as if the track will be open from ~9:00AM until 5 or 6PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
.... with a 105dB limit....
They are serious about the noise limits - every car is checked, and they will send you home if you are too loud. At the start of THIS VIDEO from my last trip, you can see the "DB CONTROLEE" sign near pit out- you must go over there, and rev to redline while they check the meter. If you are renting a legal street car, should be no problem.

Have you been there before? I have some info if this is your first time. My experience was with Goldtrack, have not used Trackdays.... Trip report from last trip HERE.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had friends back in the UK run with them and I heard decent things about them. When I ran track days in the UK - not with trackdays (bear in mind it was 5 years ago and may have changed) they were not as well run as PCA and not as safety minded. Pople opted into which run group they should run rather than through experience so just be on your wits!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the input, guys - I think I'm going to go ahead and book the track day with these guys.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by facelvega
Have you been there before? I have some info if this is your first time. My experience was with Goldtrack, have not used Trackdays.... Trip report from last trip HERE.
I've done a couple of passenger laps before, but have never driven there. I'm taking European Delivery of a BMW 5-series, and this trackday fits my schedule. Initially I thought I'd take the 5er on track, but I doubt the brakes will be up for the job, so am thinking about renting a car for the track. Did you rent a car from RSR Nurburg for Spa, and if so, how was that experience?

Quick Reply: Spa-Francorchamps with Trackdays.co.uk