17.14%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Do people cheat in PCA Club Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:03 AM
987part
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot this one, started 60th and finished 18th going through the field of E and F cars.

1st time at the glen and I was ****""" slow when i look back at the video. The qualify, i flat spotted front tires in lap 1 and this killed ny race weekend. I was stuck in gravel trap.

So, my point, everything is possible. Its a step by step program. Don't rush the step.
You now have a new race car, different platform, full race ready. More people to play with.
Follow fast drivers, do the same, brake at their same maks.

Im sure the pro used to do peter? Isnt it ?

Old 10-14-2017, 02:42 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It took Jim and I many days (over a few years) to get him there, so don't fret, Joe. He did it, and so can you. You've got the tool... NO excuses.

You just have to take what you're doing apart and start with the best execution of fundamental skills.

Most of your deficit, I am sure, is a lack of commitment to throttle speed, brake zone compression/placement and incrementally raising entry speeds.

In order to commit, you need to know EXACTLY where you're going to go, and WHAT you're going to do WHEN you get there. You're not there. Not even close.

No coach is going to get you there saying "I do this, therefore you can do this." It's going to take you building a belief system, perhaps with the help of someone who can help guide you through that process, that allows you such complete knowledge and confidence, that you CAN COMMIT.

THIS is what the front running E (and SPB, among other) guys are SO good at.

I know few drivers with more self-confidence than Clarke and Evan...

Peter - Funny, you prove time and again you can read between the lines. I had Spencer drive a lap in my car at WGI and when we overlaid the data my braking was virtually identical, but his throttle inputs were WAY different. Gotta learn how to use that "tool" under my right foot better

Originally Posted by 987part
Jo

Watch this minute clip video, me trying hard to pass.

Doug diepetro in front, so we can see about same hp , car was built by same shop like yours

Its all about following a guy sometimes, open your eyes, vision, commitment to throttle.
Our boxster are easy to drive to the limit honestly.

1st time at VIR for me, made 99.8% of trackrecord since doug did the new record the same weekend lol
Love the videos Seb. Gives me inspiration to watch driving like that for sure!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:10 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JP66
Peter - Funny, you prove time and again you can read between the lines. I had Spencer drive a lap in my car at WGI and when we overlaid the data my braking was virtually identical, but his throttle inputs were WAY different. Gotta learn how to use that "tool" under my right foot better Love the videos Seb. Gives me inspiration to watch driving like that for sure!
It’s all about using the brakes to balance the platform so that the car will take the throttle earlier. Or sometimes you need that throttle to help balance the car more.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
It’s all about using the brakes to balance the platform so that the car will take the throttle earlier. Or sometimes you need that throttle to help balance the car more.
Or cheat.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:59 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

This topic will never be laid to rest completely but a dyno at the track would certainly help.

Quick Reply: Do people cheat in PCA Club Racing?