Sponsored by:

Mounting Motons 964

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:07 AM
pantera43
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Motons 964

Hi guys, going to be ordering a set of Moton Clubsports for my 964. I'd really appreciate your feed back on some pre-ordering questions and the mounting of the canisters. Any tips and things you would do differently if you were to do it over again.

1) I don't believe the standard kit has dry break lines front or rear. They are pretty spendy. Would you order for the fronts/rears or just fronts or go without?

2) Mounting the front canisters seems to be a no brainer but the rears I do have questions on. Ideally I'd like to mount them inside the cabin away from engine heat attached to the roll bar. Not sure if the standard kits rear lines are long enough? If I mount them in the engine bay should I even be concerned about heat? Where in the engine bay are you guys mounting them? Pictures would be welcomed.

Again, really appreciate your input especially from guys who have been there and done that.

Many thanks,

Dan

Last edited by pantera43; 01-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's what I did: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=24812
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
dave-C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Dry breaks aren't necessary for the front, mount the canisters to the strut brace. I used dry breaks for the rears. In the 964 there are existing body holes they will fit through. You want to locate the canisters where they won't get too hot.

Lex Carson at Moton can probably tell you if you need extra long hose for the rear, I don't recall what was supplied for mine, but they are plenty long.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM
pantera43
Pro

Pat, thanks, that was a great thread and gave me a good visual as to what you guys are doing. Your install came out very clean in the end. Beautiful car by the way. Looks nicely setup.

Dave, thanks also, I did plan on mounting the canisters to a front strut bar. I can't recall any hole in the front inner fender wells big enough for the canisters to pass. I don't have the car with me and I'll take a ride to the shop and see. I will give Lex a call.

Thanks guys all very helpful.

Dan
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 257 Posts

Dan,

See this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...amps-pics.html

Re. front hoses, you can either drill a hole in the front suspension pillar/tub (see one of the pics in the above thread) for which you'll need dry breaks, or simply notch the edge of upper strut mount area and sit the hose in it prior to putting the upper mount back in (for which you won't need dry breaks - depends on your strut bar design).

As others have mentioned, get rear dry breaks and route the hoses through the existing hole in the rear 'seat' area.

Hope that helps
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 AM
pantera43
Pro

Wink

Matt, that was extremely helpful and thanks for the advise. I very much like the canister mounts you pointed me to. I sent you a PM.

Dan

Quick Reply: Mounting Motons 964