Sponsored by:

PCA-E 01 Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCA-E 01 Boxster

hey guys - been looking at getting into racing. have 10+ years experience with DE but really not interested in balling up my $$$$ street car.

would like to meet some experienced pros to chime in before i jump ..... and then figure out something i should have known before.

i'm in the southeast (ATL). been looking at getting a spec boxster. i want something i can run in DE and as many racing venues as possible (PCA,SCCA, NASA, etc). haven't seen to many cars for sale and don't want to build one. from what i can tell, looks like most of the spec bsr racing is out west.

looking at a nice 01 PCA-E car. anyone know off hand what classes this car would run in SCCA /NASA and changes i'd have to make to the car ?

anyone running out here in the southeast ?

thanks

henry
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

The only Boxster I saw running consistently with GTS Challenge was in GTS2 and had a hard time running with the 944/968 crowd that dominates the class.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

There are a lot of spec boxsters on the east coat now. There's a large group in the mid atlantic that goes to most races. I suspect you'll see 6-8 at Road Atlanta this year vs. only 1 last year. A spec boxster will have lower running costs than anything in the alphabet classes due to the tire costs and lower weight. I have not run with NASA so cant comment on a SPB's ability to run in GTS2 competitively.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to the guys at Werkstatt. They have a very nice, proven, car for sale and are getting ready to build another one.

Call Scott @434-242-8320
Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

so a spec boxster has a class to run in SCCA, PCA and NASA ?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you consider a US '78 911 that is already set up. It needs only a little bit of work to be race ready. PM me if you want to talk.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spec Boxster has it's own class in both PCA and NASA. They are also running their own class at some select west coast SCCA events. I believe the number of east coast spec boxsters is 22-25 for this upcoming season. Four? are below the VA / NC border. VIR north to Limerock has the greatest concentration. Most guys only race PCA due to the fact that you can get 1-2 great races each month within a 5 hour drive. We did 3 NASA races last year on our off weekends and it was a lot of fun. With the PCA/NASA option you'll spend too much time at the track!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

good info.

no thanks on the 911.

my wife had a 98 boxster that i DE'd a couple times. great little car. not a bunch of power but had balanced handling. they are cheap enough and should be plenty of fun to DE and possibly move up into racing.

in any event, i'm looking to expand my skills. the 500+hp street car DE scene is no longer doing it for me. i'm worried about balling up the car, driving 7/10 and not expanding my skills. hell, i don't even know if i'm fast. you guys may be running me over.

Quick Reply: PCA-E 01 Boxster