Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congrats Jenk12M

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

Since this thread has taken this turn....I was truly a Vick hater when the story broke. I don't GAS whether he ran with the "wrong crowd" or what. If he didn't know what he was doing was reprehensible, doom on you (du mahn yhu). Some folks here may know what that means.

I had no sympathy when he was convicted & jailed.

However, I will say this: Vick did his time. And he did it w/o whining or blaming anyone else. And then he came out and, instead of doing the talk show circuit & writing a book whining & blaming others for what happened to him, he took responsibility for his actions. And he set out to regain respect by using his incredible athletic talent in a classy manner. He let his actions speak louder than his words.

There are a lot of people in this country, including far too many currently raping & pillaging us in D.C., who could do well to model themselves after what Vick has made of himself. But sadly, they won't because they are not half the man Vick has proved to be.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Since this thread has taken this turn....I was truly a Vick hater when the story broke. I don't GAS whether he ran with the "wrong crowd" or what. If he didn't know what he was doing was reprehensible, doom on you (du mahn yhu). Some folks here may know what that means.

However, I will say this: Vick did his time. And he did it w/o whining or blaming anyone else. And then he came out and, instead of doing the talk show circuit & writing a book whining & blaming others for what happened to him, he took responsibility for his actions. And he set out to regain respect by using his incredible athletic talent in a classy manner. He let his actions speak louder than his words.

There are a lot of people in this country, including far too many currently raping & pillaging us in D.C., who could do well to model themselves after what Vick has made of himself. But sadly, they won't because they are not half the man Vick has proved to be.

Feel the same way.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:15 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well stated IMHO....
Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed.

But, and a big BUT, is what he does from here. So long as he 'walks the talk' I will be in his corner: Meaning that I will not hold his past against him. But if he strays, gloves off... From an Eagles fan, and person with pets. But enough of the Birds:

jenk12m - Best to you, Man!. Hope we see you in your house as that should be some game!!.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Wow mike I've never seen that helmet and if we win I will hold you to that new paint scheme
There was some guy in NASCAR who years ago used to have different NFL helmets painted when he drove. Never been a NASCAR fan, I could only guess it was someone who didn't like Joe Gibbs and maybe wore the one of the team the Skins were playing?

Anyway, very cool to see. I have one "GT" helmet sticker (Georgia Tech), and if I ever get a second, I'm going to paint mine old gold and put them on both sides. Hmm....you and Dez White still hang out? Maybe he could help me. I recognized him at a PCA race a Road Atlanta a few years ago, and introduced myself. Had no idea who you were, but found out later.

So a belated congrats. Great to see the home team do well, and interestingly, Arthur Blank used to live about 3 houses up from my grandmother, many years ago before the Home Depot days in Griffin.

Side note - good to read your take on Vick. My sentiments are much like Veloce Raptor's, but I never thought he played like he cared in Atlanta. He appears to be playing like the guy they thought they were drafting.

I suppose I should also congratulate your alma mater for their win against Arkansas a few days ago, too.

Good luck next week! And teh weeks after that, too.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

67king that NASCAR driver with the NFL helmets was Dale Jarret and he drove for Joe Gibbs.

Last edited by mdrums; 01-09-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Dave I knew out of everyone you would say how you really felt and I appreciate that. There were a lot of people who didn't even want to see Vick get a 2nd chance but I'm glad he did and is taking advantage of it

67King, that was a big win for my Buckeyes especially with the Big Ten getting embarrassed in all the other bowl games. I also can't believe Seattle actually beat new Orleans even with Seattle being an extremely tough place to play when the crowd is involved in the game. It is the NFL's loudest stadium
Old 01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

I was a KC fan today...didn't work out....hello Ravens for the 3rd time this year....arrrgh!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

thanks for the support guys. it feels good to have a bye week and all our playoff games at home. i keep telling myself if we win the super bowl. im getting a new car with european heritage and a little speed behind it. haha
let me help you pick it out!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

Dave I knew out of everyone you would say how you really felt and I appreciate that. There were a lot of people who didn't even want to see Vick get a 2nd chance but I'm glad he did and is taking advantage of it

Mike, agreed. For what it's worth, I have been really impressed. He has found himself. America has always been about redemption. I hope more people pay attention to his example.

Bummer about his day today, though....

Old 01-09-2011, 11:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Mike, agreed. For what it's worth, I have been really impressed. He has found himself. America has always been about redemption. I hope more people pay attention to his example.

Bummer about his day today, though....
+1...agreed. Hopefully that so called wrong crowd he was in can learn from him and turn themselves around. If that can happen and others can follow his example there will be a lot of better things happening out in the world.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:47 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Matt I would definitely let you be apart of the process, just don't be mad if I keep the car for longer than 9 months. Lol.

Looks like it's all about the rematch coming up this weekend.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 AM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

I can't believe how bad the saints D looked in BOTH games against the Hawks this year. Good luck against the hawks, I think Matty ice and yourself will destroy Seattle's mediocre DB's.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 AM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

I know you can't say it Jenks, but after dropping 40+ on the Saints, Seattle will only get about 7 or 10 points this week.

Quick Reply: Congrats Jenk12M