Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPHelmets.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone confirm GPHelmets is still actively in business? Anyone receive/place an order recently?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 95m3racer
Can anyone confirm GPHelmets is still actively in business? Anyone receive/place an order recently?
Have you called them?? Toward the end of last week I call and the line was "temporarily disconnected", I haven't tried back yet... With that said, I wouldn't recommend an online purchase at the moment. I needed to exchange a visor for a helmet that turned out not to fit.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:32 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist.
Quite a unique way to introduce yourself.
It would be appreciated if you could perhaps post links to substantiate the claims you have made.
If not, your posts (and possibly your account) would be subject to editing and deletion.
Have a nice weekend,

Originally Posted by CarolinaR
No wonder Victor Barreira chose European auto parts for his scams. The consumers are so forgiving of theft and fraud.
Fred,

The initial post was an inquiry about Victor's business. Give her the opportunity to get honest answers to protect herself. You should by all means continue to buy from him.

cr
DIDDLE ALERT: Victor Barreira was sued across the pond by BMW for cybersquatting. But aye, support his "business" despite numerous warnings via internet from victims (myself included) about his swindling.

Give over Steve, Good Luck to ya'.
Absolutely the same guy, Victor Barreira, Scottsdale, AZ. .... had to shut down polepositionusa.com because he kept getting called out online. He's a con artist.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Originally Posted by CCA
Have you called them?? Toward the end of last week I call and the line was "temporarily disconnected", I haven't tried back yet... With that said, I wouldn't recommend an online purchase at the moment. I needed to exchange a visor for a helmet that turned out not to fit.
I posted on the other page...but GPHelmets is part of PolePosition, and they are currently closed. 1+1=....
Old 03-12-2011, 05:58 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't speak to GPHelmets.com in particular, but I would recommend trying the helmet on before you buy it, which isn't easy to do over the internet. When I got my helmet (Bell M4), I bought it in person and was able to try on about 2 dozen others to compare fit. All the helmets that I tried on were the same size, but they fit my head in pretty widely different ways.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:56 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by white924s
I can't speak to GPHelmets.com in particular, but I would recommend trying the helmet on before you buy it, which isn't easy to do over the internet. When I got my helmet (Bell M4), I bought it in person and was able to try on about 2 dozen others to compare fit. All the helmets that I tried on were the same size, but they fit my head in pretty widely different ways.
Well, in my case I was going from a Arai GP4k to a 5k. Always felt my 4k could have been a little snugger, alas one size down in the 5k was too snug. Now I have to try the new 2010s and see how they fit. I tried on many before I settled on the Arai and would have preferred to test fit in this case, however no local stores (which are about 3-hrs away) had them in stock. Luckily, the vendor I'm working with, Apex, are good folks.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Gauss
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi,

Dropping by to share my experience with GPHelmets.com.

In January I had ordered a GP6 helmet (1600$) from them and paid it by credit card. My money got debited right away and all contact had suddenly stopped!
Today, I have neither received my helmet yet, nor have I gotten any reply back from them since the day I had put down my order.
So there you have it. My VISA card is thankfully insured against online scams, so I'm currently awaiting the refunding of my money from my bank's insurance company.

I'm from Europe btw.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Springthecat
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FredC
CAROLINAR.... 2 posts only to talk smack. GTF out of here if nothing else you can contribute.

GP Helmet has been good by me and many others...
I have been waiting for my Arai going on 6 weeks. I was told twice it was shipped when they did not even have it in stock. They credited my Visa immediately, inferring they did have it. Still waiting, They did not answer the last 3 emails either and do not return calls. Am I supposed to GTF out of here too?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 AM
CarolinaR
8th Gear

http://www.facebook.com/gphelmets.dishonest
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

CarolinaR, I'm not defending or doing business with GPHelmets, but what is your problem?? Why are you bringing up a dead thread? You wouldn't happen to be a competitor or vendor that got burned by them and now has a vendetta?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

Why not just use somebody that supports the site, that you know will be honest and stands behind their reputation. Like Apex Performance - Linda and Clark I am sure they will match anything GP would do then you have no worries ... just my 2 cents
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Apex Performance, and OGRacing are both great vendors who support Rennlist and come out to driving events. Between the two of them, they are always my first stop when shopping for car and driver stuff. Good people.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts

If you are looking for Arai helmets and accessories, we have them in stock. If we can answer any questions for you, please give us a call at 800-934-9112.

Mike, thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
CarolinaR
8th Gear

Hola CCA, since you've asked, my PROBLEM is not only that I was ripped off, but that Victor Barreira continues to get away with it. I saw that FB page and felt some vindication that others are also trying to out him. I wanted to post it here as a head's up. Why does it bother you and others that someone wants to right a wrong? It appears quite of few of you on this thread condone this thievery. Victor Barreira actually takes peoples money and does not ship the product. I'm truly sorry to clog your discussion forum with this distasteful topic. I just hope to warn others.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM
964Heaven
Banned

how about Speedway??

thinking of a Bell M4 for myself

any suggestions?? comments

want the M4 for DE

thxs Chris

Quick Reply: GPHelmets.com