Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Cheap too!

Club Membership Benefits:

TWS Motorsports Country Club polo-style shirt and cap - Priceless

$2750.00 to join
$1800.00 per year dues
$135.00 per day blacktop fee (14 W/E, 24 W/D = 38 days at $5130.00)

If my math is correct first year it costs $254.00 per day, 2nd year (if all stays the same) it's $182 per day. Doesn't seem like a bad deal. Are there pools, tennis courts, play areas for young kids, clubhouse, and a restaurant there too? I would puke from boredom doing 38 days a year on any track myself, but I can understand if some people like it...
Old 12-29-2010, 12:02 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Have the owners made significant upgrades to the TWS facilities?

IMO, they're going to run people off with this change. I haven't been to TWS in years but unless they've made it family friendly, I don't think this change will be very successful.

I really enjoyed the TWS circuits, but if you're not there to run, there's not much for you to do. No pool, no food, no lounge, no kiddie play area, etc..

How will this affect availability for groups like LSRPCA?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:36 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't think there is any indication that this will affect LSRPCA at all. From what I've read, I think TWS is trying to offer more track days to the members they hope to gain, and also offer discounts the to members on the TWS sponsored DE program.

If it means upgrades to the facilities, folks like LSRPCA and NASA may actually benefit. I do know that they are building out a room on the ground floor of the control tower that will be available for rent at events in the future. I'd like to see more, but the current ownership has been some improvements to the facilities over the past two years. And they have improved the condition of the track some.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Cheap too!

Club Membership Benefits:

TWS Motorsports Country Club polo-style shirt and cap - Priceless

$2750.00 to join
$1800.00 per year dues
$135.00 per day blacktop fee (14 W/E, 24 W/D = 38 days at $5130.00)

If my math is correct first year it costs $254.00 per day, 2nd year (if all stays the same) it's $182 per day. Doesn't seem like a bad deal. Are there pools, tennis courts, play areas for young kids, clubhouse, and a restaurant there too? I would puke from boredom doing 38 days a year on any track myself, but I can understand if some people like it...
No, there is none of that infrastructure. I know they are having some financial pressure, not sure if this is the way out...

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Well at least they didn't promise the moon like Limerock did, but then again Limerock (full membership) was a $110K initial buy in!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:37 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
No, there is none of that infrastructure. I know they are having some financial pressure, not sure if this is the way out...
Professional Racing and Driving Coach
$$$ Ok, that summarizes it for me... as expected. $$$

Not enough current memberships and club bookings to pay the bills. MSRH can't be making their situation any better. I just read a blurb about the TWS CDI resigning.

As a comparison, the VIR Club initiation fees IIRC were $500 with dues of $175/month and $150/day to run... plus karts, skeet range, autocross, on site lodging, The Tavern, pool, free passes to professional races including bikes, yada, yada, yada...

I really hope this works out for TWS!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If TWS is gonna step up to the plate against other member venues, they'll have to upgrade the infrastructure. Last time I was there it looked the same as it did 12 years ago.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Any news on this? I've been offered participation (shares) in this deal. According to my sources, a full re-pavement of the track, along with new "VIP" club building are in the plans. My only concern is the timing, with the new track in Austin coming along the pipe in 2012.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many have been offered shares, although I yet to have heard of anyone buying in yet. The current support facilities have a lot to be disired and will need more than a club house that is built in the old grandstand to justify the buy in.

The other issue is that with member tracks already in Houston(Angleton) and Dallas/FtW (Cresson) the "member" market is already kinda saturated. Plus we also have Harris Hill, ECR,Grand Sport Speedway,TMS,Driveway Austin,and possibly also a F1 track someday, all within a 200 mile radius that offer track days or DE's with various motorsports groups.

Quick Reply: Ugh...TWS is trying to retrofit itself into a country club