Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Wearing Cool Shirt inside out

Had a customer that wanted his tubing ends to come out of the right-side versus the standard left side so he turned the shirt inside out versus purchasing a new cool water shirt with the tubing on the right. The tubing is right up against the skin this way instead of being on the outside of the shirt. I think it would be a little too cool - wearing it under the racing suit works great for me but I have it cranked up on high (we also have the temperature control gauge installed).

I personally think it's better to have the tubing come from the left side so if you have to exit the vehicle quickly, the tubing is on the left but we occassionally get requests for a shirt with the tubing on the right instead.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Thx K964.... The inventor of the "Frozen Peas" cool suit.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
The Cool Shirt Maintenance Additive is $9.59 for a 16 oz bottle. Here's the link:

http://www.apexperformance.net/CartGenie/prod-2082.htm

If you don't want to purchase their maintenance additive, add 8 ounces of rubbing alcohol to the cooling unit with a 1/2 gallon of water and circulate through the hose and shirt oncer per month or before long-term storage.

The Maintenance Additive from Cool Shirt is supposed to have a lubricant for the pump as well as the fungicide so it might be worth getting it instead.
Thanks! Ordered plus some spare O rings...couldn't find frozen peas on your website though
Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Accelerator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What worked well for me with the larger box was to fill 1 gal zip lock freezer bags and stockpile them in the freezer. At the track, I just slit the bag (very easy removal) and put it in along with enough water to cover the pump and it seemed to last longer than anything else I tried. This will not fit in the smaller cooler box.

Quick Reply: Driver Cooling Systems