Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So....... what is your race/DE goal for 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Final touches on the new racecar, then get it dialed in and reasonably competitive - which means learning how to drive it (slicks, full aero including ground effects, single seater, sequential box, etc - plenty to learn!)... then qualify for the Runoffs (SCCA National Championships).

Probably won't be able to budget actually going to the Runoffs, but would still be a step forward to qualify...

PS: and guilt-trip 2BWise into moving up to a real car, with wings - FC, FB, or DSR.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 AM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
<---Going to get SCCA racing license and race the Spec Miata. Any reccomendations on a good SCCA (preferably double) schools would be great. It appears I might have a conflict with the Wash DC school date in March

My DE ambitions are to hopefully get sponsored to become a PCA instructor and would love to add Calabogie to my bucket list.
It was indeed many moons ago (like more than 20 years)....but after doing my first SCCA school at Summit Point, I did my second at Pocono's Bertil Roos Racing School. I recall it was a very good program.

As far as personal goals for 2011 track stuff, I hope to visit at least one new track this year. And I would like to see my race car data show a smaller gap between best lap time and theoretical best.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Catch up.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple. Get my SCCA competition license in March, and then make it to as many SRF races as possible. Shooting for four weekends for 2011. On track, I just want to be fast, safe and respectable.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
<---Going to get SCCA racing license and race the Spec Miata. Any reccomendations on a good SCCA (preferably double) schools would be great. It appears I might have a conflict with the Wash DC school date in March

My DE ambitions are to hopefully get sponsored to become a PCA instructor and would love to add Calabogie to my bucket list.
Double school at Roebling is a good choice. Not sure what the dates are. www.sedivracing.org

Originally Posted by 924RACR
Final touches on the new racecar, then get it dialed in and reasonably competitive - which means learning how to drive it (slicks, full aero including ground effects, single seater, sequential box, etc - plenty to learn!)... then qualify for the Runoffs (SCCA National Championships).

Probably won't be able to budget actually going to the Runoffs, but would still be a step forward to qualify...

PS: and guilt-trip 2BWise into moving up to a real car, with wings - FC, FB, or DSR.
+1 on the 2BWise idea. Some sweet deals on FC all the time.

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Simple. Get my SCCA competition license in March, and then make it to as many SRF races as possible. Shooting for four weekends for 2011. On track, I just want to be fast, safe and respectable.
Definitely do the Double SARRC/MARRS at VIR. Big SRF turnout. Mayish.. I believe
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Will be my rookie year PCA club racing.
Stay out of trouble
More seat time
Have fun
Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Definitely do the Double SARRC/MARRS at VIR. Big SRF turnout. Mayish.. I believe
Sounds like a good one. I haven't absorbed all the rules yet, but I believe I'm only eligible for Regional events at the outset.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll try to race all of the 944Cup canadian chapter races and if I can rent a top 5 five car for the Nationals at VIR, I'll do so and try to finish as good as the car's potential!

c.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
if I can rent a top 5 five car for the Nationals at VIR, I'll do so and try to finish in the top 20 !

c.
Edited for you
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finish dialing in the car, continue dialing in the drover and find enough $ under the back seat of the car to start racing.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Sounds like a good one. I haven't absorbed all the rules yet, but I believe I'm only eligible for Regional events at the outset.
It's a regional race so you'll be just fine. The other big VIR turnout for regional is the Goblins Go in October and you can run 3 enduro events as well that weekend.

The big national event is Oak Tree in April but you won't have enough events to upgrade to a national by then I'm guessing.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
To beat Conan.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

My goal is to drop 3 seconds at Miller:
Lighter car (~ 70 lbs)
Better gearing
Professional coaching
Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by My993C2
I was driving at Calgary's Race City Speedway (a track located within city limits) but 2011 could be the facilities last year. We just don't know yet if the city will save our track or expand the adjacent landfill. As far as renting, the Allen Berg Racing School operates out of this facility during most summer months. You can use their Formula Renault cars, their Legends oval racers or their karts. Allen also runs road car lapping sessions but you need to provide your own car. But who knows maybe Allen knows where a road car racer could be rented. You would need to contact him if you were going to be out this way sometime during the summer.

BTW: if you don't know the name, Allen remains only 1 of 3 Canadians who has competed on the modern Formula One circuit (he briefly was in F1 in the mid 80s). The other two Canadians had some Villenueve name ... I don't know don't think either one of those two Villeneuves did much with their time in F1 ... just kidding.
I'll be sure to look into what options are available in Calgary next year, as I travel there a fair bit.
As for the Villeneuves, the sooner the young one gets into an oval car the better. It'll give Danika a chance to out class another driver.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drive in six PCA club races: Sebring (new), Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen (new) or Mid Ohio (new), VIR, NJMP and Summit Point. Finish all in the top three in D class and within sight distance of Dwayne Moses.

Quick Reply: So....... what is your race/DE goal for 2011?