Sponsored by:

Coolsuit drain fittings

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Save the shipping and McMaster upcharge, check Home Depot they are selling a lot more plastic push to lock fittings.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Randy - thx for the link and no, the filter is on my home refrigerator ice maker/cold water line...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I flush mine after each use and run Isotropol alcohol through the lines to prevent biological growth. You can press the blue thing and flush the shirt when the pump is running but it take forever.
FWIW, I bought 2 extra male fittings that I plug into my shirt at the end of the day. I cut off the ends to open up the air flow and this allows the shirt to drain. I also blow some nitrogen thru the lines. When washing the shirt I unplug them, but reinstall and leave the tubes open in storage....
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
FWIW, I bought 2 extra male fittings that I plug into my shirt at the end of the day. I cut off the ends to open up the air flow and this allows the shirt to drain. I also blow some nitrogen thru the lines. When washing the shirt I unplug them, but reinstall and leave the tubes open in storage....
This is a good idea John. The males just plug/slip over, attach to the shirt. I have females on my shirt and the males are attached to a permanent bracket I had fabricated. I guess these extra males w/cut off tips only allow gravity flow drainage? I think the females auto lock when not attached to the males.

It might be nice to attach a 3 way valve on one of the shirt ends for a rapid flush and cleaning.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bgiere
does anyone know size fittings a FAST Cool Suit shirt takes?
Can anyone here put down their latte's and answer this question? We've got sources for the connectors, but some of us are unsure about which ones to buy.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
This is a good idea John. The males just plug/slip over, attach to the shirt. I have females on my shirt and the males are attached to a permanent bracket I had fabricated. I guess these extra males w/cut off tips only allow gravity flow drainage? I think the females auto lock when not attached to the males.

It might be nice to attach a 3 way valve on one of the shirt ends for a rapid flush and cleaning.
Yes the shirt drains via gravity in about a minute then I blow nitrogen thru the tubes to dry them out. With the open circulation there's never any bacterial growth. I should probably do the same with the 8ft long supply hose in the car....
Old 01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
BigKraut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgiere
does anyone know size fittings a FAST Cool Suit shirt takes?
Originally Posted by mglobe
Can anyone here put down their latte's and answer this question? We've got sources for the connectors, but some of us are unsure about which ones to buy.
Did some research and ordered some parts and here is what I came up with.

There are three different connectors for the FAST Cool Suit system. A threaded female fitting that screws into the cooler, a barbed female fitting that is on the end of the hose where it connects to the shirt and a barbed male fitting that is on the other end of the hose (where it connects to the cooler). The respective Colder Products Company part numbers are: PLCD10004, PLCD17004, and PLCD22004.

I ordered them from quickcouplings.net but they are available elsewhere including Grainger. You can purchase just one of the male fittings and use it to clear the hose connecting the shirt to the cooler. Simply plug the hose into the cooler and attach the male fitting to the other end and blow through one side then attach to the other side and repeat.

I purchased one each of the female fittings (one threaded and one barbed) to use to drain the shirt. That way I had a replacement part for both of the female fittings. Alternatively you could purchase two of either type but I figured it was better to have a spare for each in the event of needing to replace them.

As always, no guarantees (expressed or implied), YMMV, not responsible for any injuries resulting from following the above advice etc. etc.

Also, no lattes were spilled during testing and the advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Quick Reply: Coolsuit drain fittings