Cayman R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
That is probably a $15k question.

The first guy to race one will probably learn the hard way how long it will last.

first gen PCCB brakes were great, but many guys learned that heavy duty track use was very expensive. PDK? My thinking is you really plan on racing one you better prepare for needing a new box sometime soon. I would hope it lasts, but until it has been shown to last you have to prepare for the worst.
It will be interesting to see how it compares to a sequential from a reliability, maintenance and cost perspective.

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
To spec sport chrono plus which is very desirable, especially w/ pdk, you have to have a radio and PCM electronics package installed too.

I know several guys tracking pdk Cayamans, so far so good but it doesn't mean it'll stay that way, these are new, There have been several instances of fuel pump issues relaated to dfi
To bad about the radio & other requirements. Perhaps since the Cayman R doesn't have a radio or A/C it will be spared the extra baggage.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Eifeler
How does PDK hold up over time under track conditions (constant shifting at full throttle)?

Anyone know how much for an R&R on a PDK?
There is a Canadian 997S PDK with race prep. I believe they even modified the PDK's software. I remember seeing it at Calabogie and that it's green and was in Excellence mag. Bob Rouleau knows it. My understanding is that it is wicked fast!

MDrums puts quite a bit of track time on his PDK and I don't think he's had any problems other than some glitch associated with the banking at Daytona.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 569 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Eifeler
It will be interesting to see how it compares to a sequential from a reliability, maintenance and cost perspective.

To bad about the radio & other requirements. Perhaps since the Cayman R doesn't have a radio or A/C it will be spared the extra baggage.
apparently not, go to the Cayman R configurator, option P23 PCM and option sound package are mandatory options and add $3810 to the price of a pdk equipped Cayman R, you can get the fancier Bose stereo for a few more coins of course

Quick Reply: Cayman R?