Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in VIR dyno at PCA DE 11/19-20?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone interested in VIR dyno at PCA DE 11/19-20?

I'm planning to dyno my car at the VIPER facility which is located in the VIR paddock and wondered if anyone else might be interested. I am planning on going Friday but they will be around on Saturday too. Their standard rate is $100 for three good pulls with air/fuel readings. They will give us 10% off if we get three people, 15% off if we get five, etc. Not much of a discount for a group but I figured that some people might like to take advantage of the opportunity.

The dyno is located back in the corner all the way directly across the paddock from the garages - over near where the rental RVs are usually parked) and have reached out to the VIPER team to get information.

Here's the URL for basic info on what they offer:
http://www.viperservice.com/index.ph...=83&Itemid=124
Note his comments a bit later in his email concerning a 993 or earlier air cooled car (it needs to be fully warmed up for the discount to apply).

When contacted, this was the Viper reply:

"We will be here both Friday and Saturday of that week so we could test on Saturday- no problem. We do quite a bit of work with Porsche's up to and including testing a Carrera GT and have a lot more experience that most with these cars. Access is not a problem as we are optimized for race cars. Our dyno is a two-wheel dyno.

As for cost-- we cost $100 for a typical baseline which is 3 pulls and O2 readings if you would like. We typically spend a lot more time than most warming the cars up to make sure we have a repeatable result-- this can take a very long time on the air-cooled 911's. If the customer wishes to do tuning (which generally doesn't take very long once the car is set up and on the dyno) that runs $125/hr.

If you bring three cars I could offer a 10% discount. 15% for 5 and 20% for 10. However- I couldn't off the discount for air-cooled unless they came just off the track and were fully warmed up."

PM me if interested and I'll relay a count to them.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dyno

Consider this one PM. I would particpate and I will be there all three days.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Thanks Alex, with you signing up plus others we have four cars confirmed so far.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Confirmed with the dyno guys that you can either bring a memory stick or they can burn a CD for you with your dyno files on them if you'd like them in softcopy.

We've got five folks signed up so far.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I had them do some pulls for a me a couple of years back; I had never done this before and it was well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in VIR dyno at PCA DE 11/19-20?