Cayman Interseries

Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
yes yes....
maybe my next car is GTB1
Now we just need more PCA racing on the West Coast. Two a year is not enough to support a build.

Until then, we will build a few more CaymanSpec cars to race with the POC. The spec aligns well with GTB1 for those that want to cross over.

Mooty, you in?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:15 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Now we just need more PCA racing on the West Coast. Two a year is not enough to support a build.

Until then, we will build a few more CaymanSpec cars to race with the POC. The spec aligns well with GTB1 for those that want to cross over.

Mooty, you in?
PCA GGR has three race weekends (6 races) per year.

i love POC, but i dont venture south enough ;-(

looks like you got three CSR now. it's growing. you did some good work promoting it!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 AM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Email sent to Napelton.

Charlie
Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTB-1 = WC lots of racing. No need to have too many classes for caymans also for that matter another classes. The MantisSport cayman now has 12k miles of racing on it. Prepping it now for 2011 season, PCA and WC.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:13 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

Makes me smile to hear that the PCNA cars are gaining interest. I understand that everyone likes Cup cars and that they're seen as more advanced than any of our former Grand-Am Cup/Continental Tire Porsches. But more and more people are calling us asking about building Cayman and 997 track and race cars because of things like $3800 transmissions and $8000 fresh motors from PCNA as opposed to blowing up your blessed GT3 race motor or servicing a 997 cup sequential trans. The more the merrier! And I know of two greatly discounted 997 race cars for sale!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Makes me smile to hear that the PCNA cars are gaining interest. I understand that everyone likes Cup cars and that they're seen as more advanced than any of our former Grand-Am Cup/Continental Tire Porsches. But more and more people are calling us asking about building Cayman and 997 track and race cars because of things like $3800 transmissions and $8000 fresh motors from PCNA as opposed to blowing up your blessed GT3 race motor or servicing a 997 cup sequential trans. The more the merrier! And I know of two greatly discounted 997 race cars for sale!
sounds good.
perhaps after i expire my current race car. i'll ping you up for a cay s.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sounds good. We're working on a package of parts and goodies that should put the current DFI Cayman S track car at close to 375hp at the crank. Should be fun!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:30 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds good. We're working on a package of parts and goodies that should put the current DFI Cayman S track car at close to 375hp at the crank. Should be fun!
WOW.....

i dont know the classing rules and such, as i find all rules are meaningless in book., but you or someone should really come up with a composite hatch for the cayman cars. OME is way heavy.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, FIRST thing is open it up to ppl who are not in HSR.
HSR is not active on west coast.
two of us wrong coaster and very early cayman adopters tried to get one of the cars when it first came out. lots of "difficulties"... then we gave up.

and having ONE shop allow build the car is ........... *(^@)%(&()Q*
i asked about where to source the wing... ah.. it's PROPRIETARY.... WTF.
this attitude is worse than PMNA. if i want to get raped, i much rather just deal with PMNA as i already know how big a ***** i need to accept.

letting Gen 1 cars in wont make it grow faster. finding the right drivers who are/were dumping money into it and building a car up in a month or two was the key. you will have a LOT of issues with rules. keep a close tab on SM racing, top guys will run both gen cars depending on track. you cannot equalize the cars.

of course, you know me well from our PM's. this is not directed at YOU, but at the interseries....

yes, to say i am a bit PISSED OFF... is an understatement.
how do you really feel
Old 11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Despite how much I love the 911 platform, I know that my next race car will be a Cayman for all the $$$$$ reasons above .
Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

WOW.....

i dont know the classing rules and such, as i find all rules are meaningless in book., but you or someone should really come up with a composite hatch for the cayman cars. OME is way heavy.
In Continental Tire, formerly Grand-Am Cup, teams have been able to get fiber/composite panels approved, in order to make minimum weight. The series doesn't prefer to allow carbon parts for what should be street-stock racing, but it has happened. Depends on the series. Someone already does actually make one. I have the card somewhere. I think a few places might. We've had to try and strip everything to get our Caymans to 2700 lbs. It begins to get hard and requires creativity after a while. Some teams take it down to the tub and scrape every piece of anything from the underside! Lots of man hours involved in that quest!

Those power numbers are it though for the 3.4 engine. It's very high revving and can handle 7800 RPM in race situations for hours on end, completely stock. That assusmes full race headers and exhaust, DME flash, race intake (entire OEM intake system/manifold have been removed), pulley kit, lightweight aluminum flywheel, bulletproof glass, phone with scramblers, and the kitchen sink!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbiJmL-abfQ
Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow 150 on the back straight and 145 on the front, not too shabby!

That thing sounds manly too, better than a stock GT3 cup!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

We have got to get them to let you put those gears closer together!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
SPG I was there this weekend too (and terrorized some Caymans and got terrorized by some too....).

Seeing all of the Cayman's out there is cool and they have proven to be reliable. Most of them finished the 4 hour enduro yesterday. Most everyone brought a ringer to sit in and it showed on the timesheets.

Two of the Cayman Interseries cars placed in the top 3 overall for the 4 hour enduro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cayman Interseries