Sponsored by:

Summit Point Update?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Just think about what could have been if you had 3rd gear.
I had it, but for some reason coming out of T1 I simply couldn't FIND it. Worked great out of the carousel (left hander) but the right hander seemed to cause some sort of issue. Dan thinks it may be tranny mounts. It was chasing you that kept Sean at a distance behind me as you are robotic in your consistancy and speed. He was salivating every time he heard me mis-shift...
Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I had it, but for some reason coming out of T1 I simply couldn't FIND it. Worked great out of the carousel (left hander) but the right hander seemed to cause some sort of issue. Dan thinks it may be tranny mounts. It was chasing you that kept Sean at a distance behind me as you are robotic in your consistancy and speed. He was salivating every time he heard me mis-shift...
Yeah, that sounds like some kind of twist or shifting. Obviously Dan-is-the-man and will get that sorted out for you!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Even with that I have to say that with all my bitching and whining about Summit's previous condition(s) and my (to be announced and shown) other oddball issues that this was THE best race I have had on any track thanks to my friend Sean and the other participants and the fine people of the Potomac PCA region. Dwyane Moses, a GREAT racer and competitor said it best today when he saw our times.. "wow. 1:24's, we are in a whole different arena now!" Clean racing, GREAT racers, and perfect weather.. all I can saw is wow and goodnight..
Old 10-04-2010, 01:04 AM
KJinDC
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's my view of the 2nd Sprint on Saturday in Group Two. Going from 1st to 4th within 2 laps sucked, but setting my personal best of 1:22 (according to my traqmate) felt good...

http://www.vimeo.com/15515882

-KJ
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Dwayne Moses (64) is a fierce competitor to whom one can't give a 1/2 inch on the track or he'll make a pass. Had to bury my car deep in the brakes zone at T1 and T5 on most laps to prevent him from making an attempt. Running no LSD made it hard on the rear tires (I think they are both square or rectangular now)...

Potomac put on one of the best club race events i have been to. Super well organized, tons of track time, great attendance, and what to say about the BBQ!!! Summit is a cool and challenging track. Thanks to Potomac and all volunteers.

Will post video highlights later this week.

Originally Posted by VaSteve
I watched the race posted above from the stands in T9. Exciting as hell battle for 1/2. Would have liked to see some passing, since I like that but that #27 was driving the freaking wheels off the car! Brakes locking up in the chute nearly every lap, still holding off #64.

One of the 911 (#20?) fogged the track in oil and I watched that green 944 sliding sideways down the chute as a result. Surprised it wasn't worse than that.

Last edited by FredC; 10-04-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!!!

What a great weekend! Glad the NE contingent showed up and enjoyed the track.

I have to say, that was my best weekend of racing in a long time. I always had someone to play with. John Ashford and Evan Close and I duked it out all weekend. I was even able to frustrate Sean for a few laps. Great fun and the WEATHER!!!!!! Set a personal best time Sunday morning along with a bunch of other folks I learned a lot.

I will try to put together a vid of some of the starts. They were awesome. Crazy actually.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha Fred. I didn't make the connection between your car at the race and that I have seen it here on Rennlist. Damn, that was fun to watch.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was flagging in T8 and T4. Fred, you got a lot more out of that car than I thought possible, great driving. Gary and Sean, good job. KJ, I thought you would take your group but things didn't work out that way. Congrats Hunt on a great race Saturday. Congrats Scott on your Sunday win.

Flagging was fun and I got to see great racing close up.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

The laps times were crazy this weekend! Everyone I know did a personal best, myself included. Finally cracked into the 1:25s so I left a happy man.

Yes, Freddy, Moses, and Bella were blistering quick on Sat, then Gary and Sean joined the party on Sunday. Great racing in Group 3.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

How was the track? Last year was less than ideal.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you see the posts about the personal best lap times and positive coments on the track condition? the bad areas were milled and redone in a materal that is holding up so far. Some areas seem to have less traction but overall the track is faster than ever.

Last edited by kurt M; 10-05-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Race 2 results:
Thanks for posting those results! Never got around to picking up any paper copies; I figured I'd see them eventually on MyLaps. I was just happy to have my car on track again after breaking a control arm in T3 during Friday's practice race. The LF corner was pretty well wiped out, and then the oil pan was punctured as the car was pulled onto the rollback. But we managed to get the car back together again in time for the last Group 3 session on Saturday. And I see that I got a personal best, too! 1:27.4 Not too shabby for a NA 944Cup car.

It was an amazing weekend!

Quick Reply: Summit Point Update?