2010 Japanese Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Will Korea happen?????????
It got the green flag today, here's the circuit diagram it's run counter-clockwise--looks like Red Bull territory... here an overview from Mark Webber

FIA to give green light to Korean Grand Prix circuit

The Korean Grand Prix will take place later this month after the newly-built Korean International Circuit received FIA approval. Following a two-day track inspection, FIA race director Charlie Whiting described the Yeongam circuit as ‘satisfactory’ and announced the mandatory license would be issued through the Korea Automobile Racing Association (KARA).

“We are delighted that all works are now finished to the complete satisfaction of the FIA, and we join the whole of Korea in welcoming the Formula One fraternity to the Korea International Circuit for the first time,” said race promoter and KARA chairman, Yung Cho Chung, in a statement released on Tuesday. “The KIC has been constructed to the highest standards, and will become the epicentre of motorsport in the country.

“We believe the 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX will be the catalyst to ignite enormous interest in the sport across the nation. The FIA has played a crucial role from the very beginning, and provided enormous support in terms of expertise, advice and knowledge. KAVO has benefited greatly from the FIA’s tremendous experience, and we are grateful for their guidance.”

The Korean Grand Prix has the full backing of South Korea’s Central Government, as well as the Government of South Jeolla Province, where the circuit is located, and its Governor Park Jun-yeong. The 5.615-kilometre track was designed by Hermann Tilke and can accommodate 130,000 spectators.

The inaugural Korean Grand Prix will take place from October 22-24
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, it was reported that they just put down asphalt yesterday.
What is the curing time for racing surfaces?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Curing can be speeded up - if I recall, you coat the surface with lime or something like it. It cuts the cure time to about 5 days even up here where it is fairly cold.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just concerned about the racing surface beginning to break up.
I would also imagine if it rains, it will be very oily.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Laguna Seca tried that lime trick...they ended up have to resurface it again after it broke up in several places....
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
JHowell37
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks like they've only finished building the main grandstand at Korea. I guess this will turn out to be their one and only packed house. Since it will likely be full, I wonder if the various broadcasting affiliates will be permitted to mention the number of spectators at this one.

TwentySix, Schumacher will be back on pace as soon as Ross Brawn stops lining his pockets, and starts spending money to develop F1 cars.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JHowell37
It looks like they've only finished building the main grandstand at Korea. I guess this will turn out to be their one and only packed house. Since it will likely be full, I wonder if the various broadcasting affiliates will be permitted to mention the number of spectators at this one.

TwentySix, Schumacher will be back on pace as soon as Ross Brawn stops lining his pockets, and starts spending money to develop F1 cars.
Schumacher is the highest paid driver in F1 and Ross Brawn is lining his pockets..
Old 10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,274 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Schumacher is the highest paid driver in F1 and Ross Brawn is lining his pockets..
MYopia has set in again. Wayne, you have been caught on multiple occasions flat out lying about facts and manicupating posts you have cut and pasted from otherwise reliable sources. You have lied again, but I really don't know why I bother with you because nothing that is posted from you can be deemed factual or reliable!!

The following drivers salaries were revealed on August 20, 2010: Gee, who is at the top. Schumacher is paid the 6th highest, not the highest and paid the same as Rosberg. Even Kimi who is not driving this year is getting paid more than MS and most of the field. Get your facts straight.

Drivers: (the position is the respective driver's standings as of the time these were revealed in August)

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €30m 5th
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes €16m 2nd
3. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €16m N/A
4. Felipe Massa Ferrari €14m 6th
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €9m 4th
6. Michael Schumacher Mercedes Grand Prix €8m 9th
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix €8m 7th
8. Robert Kubica Renault F1 €7.5m 8th
9. Rubens Barrichello Williams F1 €5.5m 11th
10. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing €4.2m 1st
11. Jarno Trulli Lotus Racing €3m 19th=
12. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €2m 3rd
13. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus Racing €2m 19th=
14. Timo Glock Virgin Racing €1m 19th=
15. Nico Hülkenberg Williams F1 €700,000 15th
16. Pedro de la Rosa Sauber €500,000 17th
17. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber €500,000 12th=
18. Vitaly Petrov Renault F1 €400,000 12th=
19. Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000 18th
20. Sébastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000 16th
21. Adrian Sutil Force India F1 €200,000 10th
22. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India F1 €200,000 14th
23. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing €200,000 19th=
24. Bruno Senna Hispania Racing €150,000 19th=
25. Karun Chandhok Hispania Racing €Nil 19th=
26. Sakon Yamamoto Hispania Racing €Nil 19th =
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete;Rennlist F1 Professor Emeritus
PhD of BS;7971237

MYopia has set in again. Wayne, you have been caught on multiple occasions flat out lying about facts and manicupating posts you have cut and pasted from otherwise reliable sources. You have lied again, but I really don't know why I bother with you because nothing that is posted from you can be deemed factual or reliable!!

The following drivers salaries were revealed on August 20, 2010: Gee, who is at the top. Schumacher is paid the 6th highest, not the highest and paid the same as Rosberg. Even Kimi who is not driving this year is getting paid more than MS and most of the field. Get your facts straight.

Drivers: (the position is the respective driver's standings as of the time these were revealed in August)

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €30m 5th
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes €16m 2nd
3. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €16m N/A
4. Felipe Massa Ferrari €14m 6th
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €9m 4th
6. Michael Schumacher Mercedes Grand Prix €8m 9th
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix €8m 7th
8. Robert Kubica Renault F1 €7.5m 8th
9. Rubens Barrichello Williams F1 €5.5m 11th
10. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing €4.2m 1st
11. Jarno Trulli Lotus Racing €3m 19th=
12. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €2m 3rd
13. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus Racing €2m 19th=
14. Timo Glock Virgin Racing €1m 19th=
15. Nico Hülkenberg Williams F1 €700,000 15th
16. Pedro de la Rosa Sauber €500,000 17th
17. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber €500,000 12th=
18. Vitaly Petrov Renault F1 €400,000 12th=
19. Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000 18th
20. Sébastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso €400,000 16th
21. Adrian Sutil Force India F1 €200,000 10th
22. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India F1 €200,000 14th
23. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing €200,000 19th=
24. Bruno Senna Hispania Racing €150,000 19th=
25. Karun Chandhok Hispania Racing €Nil 19th=
26. Sakon Yamamoto Hispania Racing €Nil 19th =

LOL... get your facts straight schumacher is taking home 30 Mill, his salary is hidden thru so called sponsorships ( some he stole from rosberg) done due to Mercedes union problems, back in Germany.

I posted that info for you 6 months ago doo doo brain .....

Michael Schumacher Highest Paid Formula One Driver

Despite earlier estimates of his 2010 salary at EUR7m, Germany's Bild newspaper said Michael Schumacher's actual EUR25m income this year makes him the highest earner in pitlane.

Sebastian Vettel, who recently moved into a new farm in Switzerland, comes in with 12m, with Fernando Alonso earning 18m with Ferrari this year.

Vettel's teammate Mark Webber makes 7m, much less than Lewis Hamilton at 16m.

Reigning world champion Jenson Button earns 3.5m less than his McLaren teammate, and Nico Rosberg's deficit to Schumacher is a staggering 19 million, the newspaper said.

Nearer the bottom of the list, Adrian Sutil is on 1.7m, and fellow German Nico Hulkenberg is making 1m in his rookie season. The figures include personal sponsorships.

More ! you betcha !!!!............................

Mercedes deny Schumacher ultimatum
AAP October 9, 2010, 8:32 am

Mercedes have denied warning former world champion Michael Schumacher to improve his Formula One performances for the team next season or risk being sacked.

The 41-year-old, who won the last of his seven world titles in 2004, is struggling down in 10th place in the World Drivers' Championships (WDC) on his comeback season.

A report in German paper Bild on Thursday claimed Mercedes warned Schumacher that he risked being released from his contract if his performances did not improve next season.

However Norber Haug, a director of Mercedes' competition department, played down the report.

"It's only an interpretation of what has been said. Of course, there's been no ultimatum," said Haug, claiming Schumacher showed on Friday that he still has plenty to offer.

"Michael showed his class again, and his total commitment on Friday" when he finished eighth in the first free practice for Sunday's Suzuka GP.

Without naming their source, Bild said Schumacher was given an ultimatum to improve in 2011 or have his three-year contract, reported to be worth 63 million euros ($A90 million), terminated after just two years. His contract with Mercedes expires in 2013.

Schumacher has won 91 Grand Prix in his career but since returning to Formula One he has finished no higher than fourth, at the Barcelona and Istanbul Grand Prix.

Haug added: "We're still a very tight-knit unit. For me, Michael is just as good if not better than he was. He's relaxed and concentrated. He doesn't need me or anyone else to stand up for him.
"We're happy with the work he is putting in."*

* Mgr speak for , dat bitch maybe outta here real soon*

Try again Pete , your BS is well known around here , you are a flat out liar and your accusations are getting stale, i just hope you pay your bets.......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-13-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I hope Sako has secret sponsorship $$ as well. Nil $ doesn't go over too well with the ladies.

Accepted at face value the bargains out there seem to be Vettel, Webber, Sutil and Kubica. At the other end of the spectrum Kimi ( I want his agent), MS, and yes, FA unless he manages to pull out the overall.

Why wouldn't Heikki and Trulli get paid the same?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,274 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Wayne did you know Michael Jordan is still pulling in more $$ than other players in the NBA? PERSONAL sponsors. Companies that want to be associated with him. He is not paid to play basketball anymore.

Michael Schumacher was still pulling down tens of millions of dollars in PERSONAL sponsorship for the 3 years he didn't drive.

He is being paid 9m pounds to DRIVE the car you **** nut. Why don't you count the interest he is getting paid from the bank, any rental income he's getting and CRV on recyclables too, you dumb MF.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne did you know Michael Jordan is still pulling in more $$ than other players in the NBA? PERSONAL sponsors. Companies that want to be associated with him. He is not paid to play basketball anymore.

Michael Schumacher was still pulling down tens of millions of dollars in PERSONAL sponsorship for the 3 years he didn't drive.

He is being paid 9m pounds to DRIVE the car you **** nut. Why don't you count the interest he is getting paid from the bank, any rental income he's getting and CRV on recyclables too, you dumb MF.
I said he was the highest paid driver in F1 .....you erectus phobius .......

What part of that do you not understand :

"Despite earlier estimates of his 2010 salary at EUR7m, Germany's Bild newspaper said Michael Schumacher's actual EUR25m income this year makes him the highest earner in pitlane."

and

"three-year contract, reported to be worth 63 million euros ($A90 million), terminated after just two years. His contract with Mercedes expires in 2013."

Your info is bogus, like you and schumacher , ask Mommy to devide 63 by 3 , you imbecile ....

We have a bet , schumacher has won nothing , has not made it to the podium and is worst than 5th in the championship....as predicted Einstone!!!

Prepare ............
Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

OMG, I spit out my drink laughing when I read this line! I nominate for post for the month!!

A. Wayne, you are doing a disservice to those of us true Fernando Alonso fans on Rennlist with your antagonistic posts and constant bashing of Schumacher. You don't win 7 WDC by accident. IF you can't respect a 7 times winner, how in the world can you respect someone who has only won 2?

At this point I believe you hate Schumi more than you like Alonso. This seems like a sad, sadistic sport of bashing for you and pass time!?!?! Sorry, you don't represent me or other Alonso fans.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
OMG, I spit out my drink laughing when I read this line! I nominate for post for the month!!

A. Wayne, you are doing a disservice to those of us true Fernando Alonso fans on Rennlist with your antagonistic posts and constant bashing of Schumacher. You don't win 7 WDC by accident. IF you can't respect a 7 times winner, how in the world can you respect someone who has only won 2?

At this point I believe you hate Schumi more than you like Alonso. This seems like a sad, sadistic sport of bashing for you and pass time!?!?! Sorry, you don't represent me or other Alonso fans.

Yeah ... it's all me ............ "If you don't like my principles, I have others" ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-13-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Japanese Grand Prix