Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I am going with Vettel - Sato and Massa. Alonso will be taken out by Sato who will, or once, manage to keep going.
^ + 1
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Ron Dennis's adopted son doesn't finish this race either... I may buy somebody a bottle of Patron out of pure joy.

Any good place in NYC to watch the Japanese F1 race?? I hope that at least the hotel TV will show the race....
Old 09-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
One of these races, being out of fresh motors is going to bite Alonso big time. Gotta stick with Webber.
It's not that bad most might think since the list of parts that can be changed is quite extensive, not to mention this is Ferrari who already earlier this season was allowed to make "reliability changes".

Often the DNF is related to hydraulic system, oil system, also clutch and Ferrari now had some electrical problems but even that can be changed.
You can't change pistons & other internals like that but as I already said, it's not that often when DNF occurs because of that.

Obviously fresh engine is better than not fresh but it's not THAT big of a deal.

Below is the 5.18 from FIA regulations:

5.18 Replacing engine parts:
The parts in lists A and B below may be changed without incurring a penalty under Article 28.4 of the F1 Sporting Regulations. If changing any of these parts involves breaking a seal this may be done but must carried out under FIA supervision. The parts in List B may only be replaced by identical homologated parts in accordance with Appendix 4 of the F1 Sporting Regulations.
List A
- Clutch
- Clutch basket
- Hydraulic pumps
- Engine electronic boxes (ECU's, power modules, control boxes)
- Fuel filters
- Fuel pumps
- Oil filters
- Oil tank systems
- Pneumatic bottles, regulators, pumps and pipes for valve actuation
- Exhaust systems
- Supports and brackets related to the auxiliaries, mentioned above
- Screws, nuts, dowels or washers related to the auxiliaries, mentioned above
- Cables, tubes or hoses related to the auxiliaries, mentioned above
- Oil or air seals related to the auxiliaries, mentioned above
- Spark plugs
List B
- Throttle system (including but not limited to throttle device, linkage, actuator, hydraulics)
- Intake system external to cylinder head (including but not limited to trumpets, trumpet tray, air box, air filter)
- Ignition coils
- Injection system
- Alternators
- Oil scavenging pumps
- Oil supply pumps
- Oil air separators
- Water pumps
- Electric and electronic sensors
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
If Ron Dennis's adopted son doesn't finish this race either... I may buy somebody a bottle of Patron out of pure joy.

Any good place in NYC to watch the Japanese F1 race?? I hope that at least the hotel TV will show the race....
Your best bet is to speak to the concierge at the hotel and ask him to find a restaurant that will broadcast speedtv's coverage live. We are talking NYC here, if there is any place you can find something, it's here.
Maybe we can share the Patron, lol.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Alonso
Hamilton
Webbo

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It seems like Ferrari and Alonso are on a roll. With the momentum from Monza and Singapore, they will be difficult to beat. I also think that Kubica is overdue for a podium. My pick:

Alonso
Hamilton
Kubica

What are the chances that RBR goes without a podium in this race
Old 09-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did i not recall hearing that suzuka does not favor the ferraris? much the way redbulls were challenged at monza?

I think it's Vettel's turn to win a race.. or maybe Jenson or Hamilton. Defiantely not Alonso and I'm annoyed with Webber.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Japan ! ...Alonso loves Japan..........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZLxT1ZEPA

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Maybe we can share the Patron, lol.
Not a bad idea!! Maybe share it with all non-Hamilton fans... okay Hamilton fans can have some as well...
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Hey Lewis, looks like Monte heard of your concerns about hiring Alonso. He just responded with this..

Speaking about the reasons for Ferrari's resurgence, di Montezemolo said: "First of all the decision to focus on Alonso has been proven to be right. He is extremely strong and very close to the team, and has been able to blend in well from day one despite the concerns of some.
Hopefully, it will put you at ease now, lol.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,274 Likes on 1,932 Posts

That quote from Monty seems to imply that Alonso is getting preferred treatment at Ferrari. Faux Driver #1 status!

Ahhhhhhh, it's all coming back to me now....

Meanwhile, Massa will continue to use up the F2009 pieces from last years parts bin. Cost cutting and everything you know....
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
That quote from Monty seems to imply that Alonso is getting preferred treatment at Ferrari. Faux Driver #1 status!

Ahhhhhhh, it's all coming back to me now....

Meanwhile, Massa will continue to use up the F2009 pieces from last years parts bin. Cost cutting and everything you know....
Why shouldn't he. He has shown that he is the leader and they are better off supporting him, since he has the best chance of wimming the driver's title. Massa doesn't stand a chance and as often, has to play best man. Massa was given equal opportunity earlier in the year and he proved, he did't have what it takes.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

130R is one heck of a corner!

I tried to capture that corner on video from a different perspective but it doesnt do it justice. Here's our car at 130R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2svFdWPkduM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Y9CSZjOik
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,274 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Why shouldn't he. He has shown that he is the leader and they are better off supporting him, since he has the best chance of wimming the driver's title. Massa doesn't stand a chance and as often, has to play best man. Massa was given equal opportunity earlier in the year and he proved, he did't have what it takes.
Raj,

I like you. You are a very loyal Alonso supporter and have a good nature about you. But I know I can't convince you that ALonso is a fraud and the double standard the Alonso fan club blindly follows.

Alonso needs to have an artificial #1 status. He was #1 at Renault and now at Ferrari. The only time he was treated equally, he was beaten by a rookie. This to me is fraud. Massa has been given the shaft by Ferrari to justify their investment in Alonso and their firing of Kimi. If Massa had the same parts and support by the whole team Alonso enjoys, things would be much different.

At that, even with subpar parts, Massa was faster than Alonso in Germany and had to pull over and give him a point by because the team told him to. That is fact. Alonso then goes on the podium like he really won the race!. That to me is unbelievable.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj,

I like you. You are a very loyal Alonso supporter and have a good nature about you. But I know I can't convince you that ALonso is a fraud and the double standard the Alonso fan club blindly follows.

Alonso needs to have an artificial #1 status. He was #1 at Renault and now at Ferrari. The only time he was treated equally, he was beaten by a rookie. This to me is fraud. Massa has been given the shaft by Ferrari to justify their investment in Alonso and their firing of Kimi. If Massa had the same parts and support by the whole team Alonso enjoys, things would be much different.

At that, even with subpar parts, Massa was faster than Alonso in Germany and had to pull over and give him a point by because the team told him to. That is fact. Alonso then goes on the podium like he really won the race!. That to me is unbelievable.
Blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha

Wait a minute, I have seen such dribble before .... ahhhh yes .. the mystery has been solved , I now know Pete's identity and why he knows so little about Motor Racing ...

He is the Iraqi information minister .............

Massa urged to help Alonso's title bid

By Jonathan Noble Friday, October 1st 2010, 09:25 GMT

Ferrari has urged Felipe Massa to do his bit in the final four races of the season to help Fernando Alonso capture the world championship title.

With Alonso's back-to-back victories in Italy and Singapore having rekindled Ferrari's title challenge, the Maranello-based team now wants Massa to play a key role in taking the points off rival teams that could be key to helping his team-mate triumph.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport at the Paris Motor Show: "I have waited for Felipe with great perseverance in the last four races. I want a strong Massa who will shave points off the rivals.

"In Singapore he had some bad luck, but he is in good condition to win. Those who race for Ferrari don't race for themselves, but for the Ferrari team colours. One who wants to race for himself will have to face his team."

The call to arms for Massa comes in the wake of the controversial German Grand Prix this year where the Brazilian was asked by his team to sacrifice victory in favour of Alonso.

That decision resulted in the team getting fined and facing an FIA World Motor Sport Council hearing, but di Montezemolo believes that move was a key element in helping the outfit get back in the title chase.

Speaking about the reasons for Ferrari's resurgence, di Montezemolo said: "First of all the decision to focus on Alonso has been proven to be right. He is extremely strong and very close to the team, and has been able to blend in well from day one despite the concerns of some.

"The second is the spirit of determination of the team that has never been broken and disjointed, it has shown great ability to respond and fight back and knows how to win even under pressure. The third is to have also focused on people like [Stefano] Domenicali and [Aldo] Costa who have proven to be absolutely vital".

Di Montezemolo also has no doubts that Ferrari will repeat history and take the championship fight all the way to the finale in Abu Dhabi.

"It has been a strange season," he said. "We won the first race, then we had some problems with the development of the car. The victories at Monza and Singapore have rekindled hope.

"I've been thinking about one thing and I invite you to do so too: from 1997, if we exclude the year 2005, we either won the F1 championship or we lost it in the last race.

"Ferrari has always been team to beat. We won eight constructors' world championships in the last ten years, it is important for me to reach the highest levels in Formula 1 this year as well. We're second and we will contest the championships until the very end."

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Japanese Grand Prix