Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE with NASA

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, hope the rest of the car is ok. The Kokeln arms have some sort of sleeve that is welded where it failed. They make really nice stuff but apparently this was not one of their bset items. I would definitely call them.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by North Coast Cab
Wow, hope the rest of the car is ok. The Kokeln arms have some sort of sleeve that is welded where it failed. They make really nice stuff but apparently this was not one of their bset items. I would definitely call them.
I thought they were out of business, but they do have a website. Will give the number on their webpage a ring tomorrow.

-Z
Old 10-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
IMHO, the level of instruction you get with PCA is superior.
Agreed on this -- you can almost just look at the speed of the instructor group (indication of their seat time). PCA instructor groups are way faster (in the Northeast at least) than NASA.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow Z !

Glad you got off the track safely !
Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
That PCA instructor should knew how to drive FLATOUT, didn't he?!?!

J Berk: as you know, I've been running with NNJR for a number of years now, and started running with other clubs as of last year, including NASA/PDA.

NASA / PDA does put on a good event, but there is a difference. IMHO, the level of instruction you get with PCA is superior. Granted, there are lots of 'crossover' instructors from PCA who instruct with NASA/PDA, and there are always exceptions. That said, in the Northeast, I believe the reason PCA instruction is superior is because there are so many more PCA events that PCA members can attend. That yields to far more seat time, which is the key to driving and instructing properly. I'm not being a Porsche snob, - but seat time is seat time.

As for logistics and safety -- the NASA/PDA events I've attended have all been good clean events -- safety is stressed just like in PCA. Everyone knows that HPDE is NOT racing - and if they are too agressive, they will get reeled back in.

PCA clubs and NASA clubs both have pros and cons -- like anything. Glad to hear you're trying out NASA at T-bolt -- hope you have a fun time!

-Z-man.
Haha - yes, he did seem like someone who had driven 200mph on the autobahn in a Caterham. At night. While it was raining

I'll definitely be at the PDA event on Oct 30th at Thunderbolt, and I'm really hoping to get out to Lime Rock next spring with PCA for a day (or 3!). We'll see if anyone can move me and my Konigsegg and GT2 up to the fastest run group while I'm there

Z - sorry to hear about the control arm failure, but fortunately it happened away from walls or anything else like that. Good luck getting it fixed!

Quick Reply: HPDE with NASA