Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL! And..................?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
You know I should have know that if I was out for a walk in Austin with 2 pretty girls that you would radar in and show up. Next time I'll bring a taser.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
You know I should have know that if I was out for a walk in Austin with 2 pretty girls that you would radar in and show up. Next time I'll bring a taser.

LMAO!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

LMAO!

I saw you twice and neither time you were carrying like that, and with the skimpy jogging shorts you had on I am sure you didn't have any weapons hidden.
Were you a Marine btw ? Sailor boy ?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Negative. December, presuming the FIA fairies bless the plan.
I thought the FIA had already approved it, which is why they went with Tilke for another awful design? It sounds like the local government is the problem right now...

Traffic concerns are the latest difficulty facing organisers of the proposed US Grand Prix in Texas

Travis County planners submitted a report which stated to meet guidelines requiring the area of the circuit to be clear of fans within the required three hours would take as much as $15 million in road improvements and could not be completed by 2012 even if work started now.

The Austin American Statesman reported Travis County officials had estimated around 120,000 spectators would attend a grand prix using 35,000 vehicles. To clear the venue it would need additional lanes built on existing highways.

"Two years is not enough time to put in the infrastructure needed to get down to three hours," Joe Gieselman, manager of Travis County's Transportation and Natural Resources Department, told the newspaper. "I would not look for the major improvements to be done by the first race."

The report coincided with local promoter Full Throttle Productions (FTP) making its second visit to the Travis County Commissioners Court seeking permits to site and build the estimated US$200 million venue. A fortnight ago FTP was criticised by the court for its lack of traffic studies and other basic information, and officials said without this they could not even make preliminary decisions about the project.

There are also concerns being raised about who would be expected to foot the bill for work done to the local infrastructure.

Richard Suttle, FTP's lawyer, told the court: "We heard loud and clear … the information flow is going to open up." The organisation submitted more detailed plans aimed at addressing many of the court's concerns. Suttle explained FTP had also commissioned an environmental report and hired two traffic engineering firms to conduct studies.

He admitted that to meet targets groundbreaking would "have to take place by December".
http://en.espnf1.com/usracing/motors...ory/28966.html
Old 09-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MPD47
I thought the FIA had already approved it, which is why they went with Tilke for another awful design? It sounds like the local government is the problem right now...

http://en.espnf1.com/usracing/motors...ory/28966.html

No the FIA hasn't, since the master plan just came out. They will be considering it in October.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by MPD47

The Austin American Statesman reported Travis County officials had estimated around 120,000 spectators would attend a grand prix using 35,000 vehicles. To clear the venue it would need additional lanes built on existing highways.
Somehow, Texas Motor Speedway (Nascar track north of Fort Worth) seems to have got around this because they didn't add any extra lanes to I35W which fronts TMS. I would guess they have easily 80-90K spectators at major Nascar events. Maybe they decided I35 could already handle the traffic as is.... (it can't).
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,493 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Have they broken ground yet? Are they moving any dirt up there VR?
They are doing a little prep work, here are some stills a friend of mine took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52143223@N05/
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

LMAO!

did you ever get to the water?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 AM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
... if I was out for a walk in Austin with 2 pretty girls that you would radar in and show up. Next time I'll bring a taser...
Viking, if you have to use a Taser on the pretty girls, I suggest you work on your pick-up lines....
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

The girls were already picked up and with me, the Taser was for VR, the perv is always lurking...
Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LMAO at this thread.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

I don't know Austin ... but if Montreal is any indicator ... they need a bunch of trains to run from the city to the track.

Traffic? what traffic?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrial
I don't know Austin ... but if Montreal is any indicator ... they need a bunch of trains to run from the city to the track.

Traffic? what traffic?
Trains!? In Texas?!

It will make the place look like France. Good luck getting that to happen.

In Ottawa when they built the arena for the Ottawa Senators NHL team the owners had to pay out of their own pocket for a new ramp or interchange (I forgot the specifics) to allow good access to the place.

Are they going to get 120,000 fans? That would be great. That's a number close to the attendance in Montreal but the infrastructure is completely different. The reason attendance in Montreal is so high (Monza, in comparison, gets 50,000 on race day) is because it's so easy to get to the place and it's so close to the city that the whole downtown is a party zone for the F1 weekend. The majority of spectators are locals.

If they get a good atmosphere going in Austin (very doable I recon unlike Indianapolis) then they need to build those lanes and ramps.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 USA - Austin track releases master plan