Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DD/Tow Truck Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2005 Chevy 3500 Dually crew cab daily driver here! Bigger is better!

I have a couple of friends that went the import route and bought Titans. After a couple of years the exhaust literally fell off! One guy (who is here on RL) had to replace the wiring harness after the broken exhaust cooked the harness.

My dually just hit 100k miles. I changed all of the fluids at 90k (earlier than the service interval) and everything looked perfect! The trans fluid looked and smelled new! Tow capacity is misleading -- sure the Titan can tow 10k lbs but can it do that every day for 10 years? Hell no! My dually was made for that kind of duty. I tow a 48' gooseneck to the track, 70 mph average speed, 9 mpg. Around town I get 14-15 mpg unloaded.

Bigger is better and buy American!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Dave,
I hope you make it to the Oct. 3rd rally that would be GREAT!!!! You tell Brian I have dibs on exercising the 911 way before he does. Hell, I haven't even seen it yet. I also don't know if I want to try your new Toy Tow as I will then do something stupid and buy one!!!!!
We're planning on going to the rally Jay. See you then.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jay I sent you an E- Mail.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Hyroller! I got it.

I can't believe this thread has turned into 7 pages. It is great to hear everyones opinions and thoughts on this topic. It has been a huge help.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Smile

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
I HATE my 2008 6L 2500 HD. I've been looking to trade it for a new truck for about a month. The 6 speed transmission sucks. Its constantly searching for a gear and it has a terrible habit of up shifting when it should be down shifting. I swore off Chevys after my last truck was in the shop more then I drove it. I bitched so much that they gave me a $5000 check towards a new. I should have wiped my *** with the check and gone right to the Ford dealership. F250 diesel is the only way to go unless you want to spend big bucks and get a GMC Duramax with the Allison trans.

My .02s
Finally pulled the trigger and dumped the Chevy 2500HD and bought a F250 diesel King Ranch. I'll put it to the test tomorrow towing to Summit.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
Finally pulled the trigger and dumped the Chevy 2500HD and bought a F250 diesel King Ranch. I'll put it to the test tomorrow towing to Summit.
SWEET! Post some pictures of the rig and let us know how it goes!!!!!

Quick Reply: DD/Tow Truck Recommendations