Sponsored by:

3.6L Boxster vs. 3.8L 997 Battle Royale at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VR,
Regarding 216, I do remember you coming over at VIR and saying hay to Tom who has the yellow turbo race car. He and 216 and I usually paddock together, along with Verbotn.

Regarding the spin, I agree with off throttle and slow hands but remember the two videos, first in car and second on hood, are two different races. It's just that I'm always chasing 216 so it looks very similar.

Anyway, you going to PBOC Barber in November, might be some vipers there? 216 and I are probably going to be there for the enduro and two sprint races. Maybe I get the drop on the 911 without the long Sebring or VIR straights.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,687 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by Brinkley
VR,
Regarding 216, I do remember you coming over at VIR and saying hay to Tom who has the yellow turbo race car. He and 216 and I usually paddock together, along with Verbotn.

Regarding the spin, I agree with off throttle and slow hands but remember the two videos, first in car and second on hood, are two different races. It's just that I'm always chasing 216 so it looks very similar.

Anyway, you going to PBOC Barber in November, might be some vipers there? 216 and I are probably going to be there for the enduro and two sprint races. Maybe I get the drop on the 911 without the long Sebring or VIR straights.

Not sure about Barber in November. Hope so! All in all, I'd rather coach in a Porsche versus a Viper, though.

Yeah, now I remember all your cars together. Not sure if you & I met, however. Did we?

I know the videos are 2 different races. But in the one with the spin, it appeared that the car increased its angle of steering mid entry, suggesting to me that you added lock mid way through as I said. If you have in car for that race, I suspect it would verify that this is what surprised the car, added to the other factors, to cause the spin. JMHO....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 AM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looked like fun. Can't offer much on why you spun from that camera angle but I was curious in the first video why you don't do the 4th to 3rd downshift braking into T15. Maybe you are carrying enough speed for 4th but the car seems to be a littlle sluggish between 15 and 16.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regard T15, I have been trying new or different things through 15a & b and then looking at the data afterward to see which is best for me. Every change I've made is based on actual data traces and comparisons vs. previous fastest sector through there.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:28 PM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. I always do a 4 to 3 downshift there in my 964. I just don't thinkd I can carry enough speed in my car through that turn to stay in 4th. But, data doesn't lie. I'll have to experiment next time I am there which will be Oct 9-10 with Chin.

Quick Reply: 3.6L Boxster vs. 3.8L 997 Battle Royale at Sebring