LSR DE @ TWS - Sept 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
Yup, that's the kind of constructive criticism we've all grown to know and love from Rennlist.

BTW, if you want to learn how to REALLY create a dust storm, I can help you out:

http://www.vimeo.com/13871582
Aagghhh! I got a rock in my eye!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Aagghhh! I got a rock in my eye!!
No joke. I've seriously considered putting the visor back on my helmet after that one.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No joke. I've seriously considered putting the visor back on my helmet after that one.
Always use a visor or atleast glasses at a minimum !
I normally have glasses on with my visor up, I have learned to reach up and pull my visor down pretty quickly when I see an excursion coming.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I normally have glasses on with my visor up, I have learned to reach up and pull my visor down pretty quickly when I see an excursion coming.
I always have sunglasses on, even in the rain. I really don't like running with a visor, but like I said, after that off, I have been reconsidering.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have sunglasses on, even in the rain. I really don't like running with a visor, but like I said, after that off, I have been reconsidering.
Even if you don't use it, at least have it on for fire protection. Pulling down my visor is one of the first things I do in my fire escape routine(which I practice, as everyone should).
Old 09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Even if you don't use it, at least have it on for fire protection. Pulling down my visor is one of the first things I do in my fire escape routine(which I practice, as everyone should).
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

So what did you do during Sunday's off road excursion?
Pray?
Is my will up to date?
How the F**K am I going to explain this?
Did I turn down the AC before I left the house?
Who's going to take the garbage out on Mon?
This is really going hurt my hemorrhoids?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Viking, I need to get on your schedule for the next DE. Let's plan on the full weekend and I'll have you drive my car to set a baseline. We can try some shock changes as well. The "loosy-goosy" alignment setting I had really got in my head and caused me to lose confidence in the car. It's way better now, but I'm the problem.

Do you have Traqview or Traqmate software?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amr89c4
VR...The data overlay you provided was a real eyeopener in the yellow classroom.

Track Junky...Great job presenting the data. It was interesting to see how closely the two cars were driven in the big picture, yet the time differences spent in braking and accelerating clearly had incremental gains or losses that were significant through the entire course. The red car had a significant hp advantage , but the blue car pilot had the technique advantage. To see the differences as the two cars moved around the track was clearly demonstrated in the overlay video. The data presentation helped us to 'see' the dynamics of car handling subtleties that make big differences in getting around the track.

I thought it was an excellent teaching and learning aide.
I appreciate the feedback. Keep attending the yellow class and you will see more analysis like that. We are going to take a deep dive into segment times and entry and exit speed comparisons.

The Jim & Bill Show will resume in October where I will continue to throw myself under the bus!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by amr89c4
VR...The data overlay you provided was a real eyeopener in the yellow classroom.

Track Junky...Great job presenting the data. It was interesting to see how closely the two cars were driven in the big picture, yet the time differences spent in braking and accelerating clearly had incremental gains or losses that were significant through the entire course. The red car had a significant hp advantage , but the blue car pilot had the technique advantage. To see the differences as the two cars moved around the track was clearly demonstrated in the overlay video. The data presentation helped us to 'see' the dynamics of car handling subtleties that make big differences in getting around the track.

I thought it was an excellent teaching and learning aide.

Good to hear!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
drvirden
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Keep attending the yellow class
Yep, Bill teaching yellow classroom rocks. He fixed my issues in turns 4 and 5 CCW by talking us through them, and it worked perfectly. Then I had to learn what to do with all the speed I was then carrying into 6...

Quick Reply: LSR DE @ TWS - Sept 2010