Sponsored by:

Interseries Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 AM
obsessedone
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
That's great, but I do hope the Interseries Category becomes more "inclusive" and allows the Gen I Cayman S, with just a different weight (advantage due to lower power). That will make it a lot easier for many people to DIY their build at a lower cost than the Napleton cars. Coming up with the right weight "handicap" should be easy by running the cars side by side at the same track (maybe allowing for a midyear review?).

The Cayman S with less weight and the Big Wing is SO MUCH better to drive (and FASTER) than the heavier Stock class setup. Also, it is cheaper to run as it is easier in consumables.
Agree. PCA club racing is currently accepting comments on the proposed rule -you should give your input. I happened to have asked them about it recently and they asked for comments. Use the contact links on PCA Club racing - Bruce Boeder or Walt Fricke
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA! us interseries guys for sure dont want you and your cayman in the mix! you'd win everything 6 days a week and on sunday!!

but yeah, i agree, would be nice if they had a cayman Series, and perhaps allow up to the some maximum amount of leeway. i dont think you want to be too restrictive either as ou want the maximum # of caymans.

look at how successful NJMP was for the spec boxsters. huge turn out.
dont get me wrong, I LUV my boxster, but i know a lot of dudes who would love to get down to business in a cayman rather than a boxster, and, obvously, if you create a spec series that permits older cars, the cost of entry is much much cheap. my interseries car is a 2010 car. i wasnt the beneficiary of anyone else realizing depreciation on their road car which i bought for the track.

The whole idea of having a cayman class is exciting.

Originally Posted by cgomez
That's great, but I do hope the Interseries Category becomes more "inclusive" and allows the Gen I Cayman S, with just a different weight (advantage due to lower power). That will make it a lot easier for many people to DIY their build at a lower cost than the Napleton cars. Coming up with the right weight "handicap" should be easy by running the cars side by side at the same track (maybe allowing for a midyear review?).

The Cayman S with less weight and the Big Wing is SO MUCH better to drive (and FASTER) than the heavier Stock class setup. Also, it is cheaper to run as it is easier in consumables.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets all run in GTB-1 and have fun, PCA has too many classes.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 AM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1
but judging from Mid-Ohio, I may have to get a modified Cayman to keep up with you Ernie.........+1

Quick Reply: Interseries Cayman