Sponsored by:

Rally driving at a PCA race..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Oh, I watched it. I was being kind. Going 4-off shows even less car control than a spin.
uninformed response?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
uninformed response?

Ignorant response.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 PM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by bsztanko
Ignorant response.
i like your boldness.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
If you would chastise Paolo for a little tank slapper he safely brought back under control I guess you would simply HANG Fred Constantineau if you ever saw him race!
Exactly, I guess Fred isn't racing NASA any time soon! Ha!

Paolo, I cringed watching that video because as VR said, you're just behind the car. I give props for car control after the fact and do think your driving off under control is better than a spin (not sure why Jaker doesn't feel that way).

That said, when I used to autocross a lot years ago I would always hate myself if I spun. I looked at the fast guys and they did not spin. So even though I could occasionally post a time equal to the "fast guys", the fact that I would spin more frequently was a sign to me that I wasn't as good as them yet.

Jaker did hit it on the head that if you want to win, you not only have to finish but you have to minimize or eliminate mistakes. I take great pride in my racing today because I have a lot of confidence that if I am ahead of someone they will have to beat me. I will not beat myself. They cannot hang back behind me and wait for a mistake. It won't happen. That is at least my attitude.

Do I make mistakes? Sure, we all do from time to time, but you have to have the mentality of accepting zero off track excursions EACH YEAR and not beat yourself up if you have one (PER YEAR). Do not settle for four in one weekend! You came pretty close to hitting one of those cars in the video - NOT COOL.

I also agree with Jaker that you do not want to be "that guy".
Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakermc
Oh, I watched it. I was being kind. Going 4-off shows even less car control than a spin.
Sorry but I agree here... He did it twice in the SAME two corners. Everyone can make a mistake but not learning from it is another story...

Getting in a corner too fast steering to tight and on the brakes is showing a lack of feel for the car input in your ***...

Sorry again
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Exactly, I guess Fred isn't racing NASA any time soon! Ha!

Paolo, I cringed watching that video because as VR said, you're just behind the car. I give props for car control after the fact and do think your driving off under control is better than a spin (not sure why Jaker doesn't feel that way).

That said, when I used to autocross a lot years ago I would always hate myself if I spun. I looked at the fast guys and they did not spin. So even though I could occasionally post a time equal to the "fast guys", the fact that I would spin more frequently was a sign to me that I wasn't as good as them yet.

Jaker did hit it on the head that if you want to win, you not only have to finish but you have to minimize or eliminate mistakes. I take great pride in my racing today because I have a lot of confidence that if I am ahead of someone they will have to beat me. I will not beat myself. They cannot hang back behind me and wait for a mistake. It won't happen. That is at least my attitude.

Do I make mistakes? Sure, we all do from time to time, but you have to have the mentality of accepting zero off track excursions EACH YEAR and not beat yourself up if you have one (PER YEAR). Do not settle for four in one weekend! You came pretty close to hitting one of those cars in the video - NOT COOL.

I also agree with Jaker that you do not want to be "that guy".
Thanks for your response Charlie...... I appreciate your input......
but as you know I have a momentum car........

In F class my car is like bringing a knife to a gun fight I have to give it all I got........
Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Sorry but I agree here... He did it twice in the SAME two corners. Everyone can make a mistake but not learning from it is another story...

Getting in a corner too fast steering to tight and on the brakes is showing a lack of feel for the car input in your ***...

Sorry again
Should I move to a cup car and race Mosport?..........
Old 08-30-2010, 09:28 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Thanks for your response Charlie...... I appreciate your input......
but as you know I have a momentum car........

In F class my car is like bringing a knife to a gun fight I have to give it all I got........
OK, I don't buy this momentum car crap that people spout. Your car back in the 70s would have been considered a high powered monster. It is all relative. Drive any car as a momentum car! I'm now driving a vaginal express wagon with 201 hp, don't talk to me about momentum! Heck, even my 964 Cup with its 260 Porsche-rated hp is low powered compared to most machines of today.

You should be giving it all you got in any car. That is racing. You just have to recognize your mistakes earlier so that you can correct and not go off track as a result (heck, you don't even want to slide - that burns time and gives openings to competitors, too).
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
OK, I don't buy this momentum car crap that people spout. Your car back in the 70s would have been considered a high powered monster. It is all relative. Drive any car as a momentum car! I'm now driving a vaginal express wagon with 201 hp, don't talk to me about momentum!
Charlie I am at 210 HP with 2906 lbs.......
You are at 201 HP with 2650 lbs.......

Who has the momentum car?.......
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

I hope not ! A guy like you caused a mess there as you probably know.

Listen, I don't want to be too hard on you as we all need to learn from our experiences, but coming here posting this and hoping to get the support from others saying "that's cool, we all do this every race weekend" is an amazing expectation for me at least. What is the difference between your 4 excursions in the grass and the pileup in sprint #2 at Mosport ? You were lucky. Nothing else. How who you like to be the cause of MAJOR damages to other cars ? If you wouldn't have been so lucky, you would have done it only once, period.
I am a horrible driver, if you see me coming stay away......
Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Thanks Dave, how about riding with me at the Glen next year?
Be careful what you ask for.....Just sayin'

Boston... good to meet you with your entourage Friday night.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM
FredC
Drifting

Sorry again
this is hilarious!!!!! Precious actually!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
FredC
Drifting

I hope not ! A guy like you caused a mess there as you probably know.

this is even funnier! Man.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TedA
Be careful what you ask for.....Just sayin'

Boston... good to meet you with your entourage Friday night.
Good to meet you Ted.....

Just to clarify...... I am a simple man..... I have no entourage.........
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gary R.
If you would chastise Paolo for a little tank slapper he safely brought back under control I guess you would simply HANG Fred Constantineau if you ever saw him race!
Charlie just did...

Quick Reply: Rally driving at a PCA race..........