Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Buxton - Stay or Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In general, not this specific race. Most of the time qualifying is more interesting than the race.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just wish the commentators would shut up from time to time, for more than 10 seconds at a time.
AMEN!, particularly Varsha. I can't stand the damn fool!

I like Buxton. I liked Peter Windsor much better, but I think he lost all his "street cred" after the US F1 fiasco. Maybe after another year or two have gone by, and people forget about it, they'll bring him back.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Bring back Peter Windsor...heck, he probably needs a job!
+1, but the ribbing he would get over USF1 would be painful.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Did anyone else out there disagree with the commentators' statement that the Vettel/Button incident was "just a racing incident"?!

A more classic case of "red mist" hasn't been seen for a long time, IMHO

What's worse is that the incident means this season has largely come down now to a "two horse race" from what was developing into one of the best seasons for years.

I really enjoy Vettel's enthusiasm and am awed by his driving ability but Jackie Stewart or Lauda need to take him aside and explain that to win a championship he needs to finish races and to finish races he needs to make fewer boneheaded moves.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:00 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter Windsor is getting back into the saddle. I've seen some of his work of late on a weekly racing circular.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:42 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually like the guy, I think he's enthusiastic, young and reasonably knowledgable. Let him stay, I like his style.
Who was the guy that preceeded him? He was way off....(not Windsor, there was a one or two race guy)
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Buxton. The other commentators were wrong about the Vettel incident and wrong to hang Buxton out like that.

Windsor had so many years of experience, but he didn't seem to be well liked or respected by the teams. Buxton seems to be tuned into the new drivers on the way up, I bet he'll be a lot better once those drivers move up and get to top teams.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they need jeremy clarkson
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I like the new young blood. I say keep him. I bet most of the drivers feel the same way.

Once he gets known on the grid he will get good access and the drivers will be comfortable around him because they can relate.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
prg
Pro

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Did anyone else out there disagree with the commentators' statement that the Vettel/Button incident was "just a racing incident"?!

A more classic case of "red mist" hasn't been seen for a long time, IMHO
1. Seemed to me he just got loose under braking in a corner that was wet that had been dry the last lap. He guessed wrong about where Button was going to be and how late he could brake. Vettel is a great overtaker and takes some risks. It's one of the things that makes him fun to watch. Much more acceptable to me than Schumacher and Weber's try to pass me and I'll crash us both antics. Pretty understandable "racing incident" from my perspective.

2. Buxton annoys me, but nothing like listening to Ralph Shaheen (sp?) and Derick Daley when CBS showed F1 a couple years ago. They were agonizing.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Peter Windor was at his best walking along the grid at pre-race, but you can see guys trying to avoid him, and those that get pounced on would roll their eyes.

Give the new guy time yet.

I totally disliked Derek Daly, and thought Sam Posey was a complete dolt. Varsha seems like a know it all, condescending, and intolerant of differing opinions. It seems like Hobbs and Matchett have to bite their tongue while Varsha feels like he has to make his point.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Derek Daly is horrible. Sam Posey is hit and miss. Varsha is making more mistakes than he used to do, and I've noticed him getting a bit more opinionated, but he's still pretty good. Matchett is awesome, but I never really think of him as a lead commentator. Hobbs is entertaining - love to get that guy hammered and listen what stories might be disclosed.

As for dear old Peter, I miss that guy. If anyone ever read F1Magazine while he was writing, he was supremely insightful. He would take relevant information, do his own investigation, talk to people and get what he could, and then diclose something that only people working for an F1 team should/could know. I stopped subscribing after he withdrew. I feel he did the same when he was commentating.

Quick Reply: Will Buxton - Stay or Go