Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Titanium Shims For Brake Pads to Help With Heat?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also am running S in front and M in back with stock off the shelf rotors on a 993 - 3.6L powered car. PF-97 pads. The car is light but I also have huge air ducts to the brakes. The pads and rotors are not cooking in any way.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
There's a lot of truth to that, although maybe Matt was slightly tongue in cheek, I don't know.

I've helped bunch of students with brake over heating issues by getting them braking harder, but shorter. They were braking loooong and not that hard which made their brakes run hotter, once they were comfortable enough to really stop on them and reduce the braking distance, over heating issues were a little more controlled also.

In the end though, I think Mike needs more cooling.

My suggestion is to remove the dust shields (or whatever they're called) and put some ducting from the front to the center of the brake disc.
I was a little of both. If you are baking the brakes in a 997, then my money is on a technique issue, not a brake problem.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:45 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These are very nice shims with regards to fitment (I sell 'em) yet I had a set 8 years ago that JAMMED in the caliper and damn near took me out at 120.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Titanium Shims For Brake Pads to Help With Heat?