Sponsored by:

SCCA's PDX vs. NASA's HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA's PDX vs. NASA's HPDE

I'm considering joining SCCA and am having some trouble getting details on how their PDX works. Is it the same as HPDE? Do they have multiple run groups (so I can run Flat Out, because that's how I drive. Flat Out)? If I'm in HPDE-3 with NASA, is there a compatible group in SCCA?

I found very little detail on the SCCA home site and my local chapter site.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need to join SCCA to run your SRF anyway.. so just join already!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by racer
You'll need to join SCCA to run your SRF anyway.. so just join already!
Ha! SRF will have to wait 'til 2011 (comp school). I'd like to try out SCCA sooner. It could be a retirement party for my 944.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
I'm considering joining SCCA and am having some trouble getting details on how their PDX works. Is it the same as HPDE? Do they have multiple run groups (so I can run Flat Out, because that's how I drive. Flat Out)? If I'm in HPDE-3 with NASA, is there a compatible group in SCCA?

I found very little detail on the SCCA home site and my local chapter site.
Greg,

PDX in SCCA is like an afterthought. The main focus of SCCA is Racing. If you want track time there are better organizations to run with. NASA Mid Atlantic is a victim of there own success and also has limited HPDE time, unless you want to go the TT route in the future. I would look @ Chin for VIR and NJMP in your area as they have more track time and your NASA HPDE 3 would get you into Chin intermediate Solo which is open passing anywhere with a point by.

Peter
Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Performance Auto Works
AutoX

Greg
I think that you will find that the DC Region SCCA PDX events at Summit Point to be well run with multiple groups and a pretty darn good instructor corps.
There are three student run groups based on experience and a good amount of track time to be had. Yes, you can drive flatout, if your wallet and ability can handle it.

If you have any questions about the program please feel free to ask, I have been instructing in this program since its inception. Yes, I agree that we were late to the party, but we have put together a pretty good program, that you will have fun with.

cheers
dave parker

Quick Reply: SCCA's PDX vs. NASA's HPDE