Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Quickxotica when is "Trackday Comedy 2" coming out?

Plenty of material already.......
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
who cares? it is typical for people to think of other people what they think they are, and if in reality it is not so, it does not matter. none of this matters.
you say them 'a', they point finger at you and start talking about something else.
but it helps me a great deal, as it shows personality of people here and who they really are. why not. as i said before, i do not care much. most of those people i will never see in my entire life. some of other people whom i do know actually do not say much here, so, why not to put more bit more oil into fire? let it burn, good flame is always good.
I am sorry you can't be for real. This has to be a joke.

Right?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

Oh my...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
I am sorry you can't be for real. This has to be a joke.

Right?
I thought so too but then remembered he asked for AIM/Google KML files a few weeks ago (which I promptly emailed to him). Normally (it seems) I don't ever help anyone out here or at the track so I must have been drunk at the time..
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who cares? it is typical for people to think of other people what they think they are, and if in reality it is not so, it does not matter. none of this matters.
you say them 'a', they point finger at you and start talking about something else.
but it helps me a great deal, as it shows personality of people here and who they really are. why not. as i said before, i do not care much. most of those people i will never see in my entire life. some of other people whom i do know actually do not say much here, so, why not to put more bit more oil into fire? let it burn, good flame is always good.
But I do care....because someday soon I'll be putting together a Spec Boxster and I'm really hoping I can score your GT3 suspension stuff and maybe the oil pan when you have one of the bi-weekly spins...

Let's stay in touch, really....PM me sometime
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Quickxotica when is "Trackday Comedy 2" coming out?

Plenty of material already.......
Exactly what I was thinking, bet he has the flow chart done already!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok to be helpful.

Tire rubber build up. For me tire rubber build up is always concern. I am always careful at the end of qualfying to stay on line and stay away from where the marbles build up. This way I have less crap on the tires for the start of the race. I also give the car few side to side tosses entering the pit lane again to try to remove as much build up as possible. I still get some. I then on the warm up lap do some side to side stuff to remove most of that crap before we go green.
If you have to drive the car home on those tires try to clean them before you let the cool. Then try to remove on the drive home. Even if you run street tires a second set is always nice to keep the track from wearing out street tires.

As for how many RPM in that spot on track. RPM is not the end all be all. Even so step 1 is to be smooth and drive the line. Then you worry about technique there. I can't speak to that as I have never driven that track.

Oh... get snooty or "I am DE champion" attitude on Rennlist and you will get that handed back to you 5 fold. The guys here have so much experinece they can see you though it like glass.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Exactly what I was thinking, bet he has the flow chart done already!
THIS THREAD ROCKS!!!!

Speaking of flow charts....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 11-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by atr911
P.S. Many of the references made by previous posters, including "drive flat out, that is how i drive, flat out" and "...modified to 600 hp, i have the new macleran on order" were taken from a really funny video that went viral recently. I was actually going to quote it when I read your original post but someone beat me to it. I don't think it was personal.
as you do know me you know that i would not be as silly as they think of me but it is not the point. every single word in this life, everything we say is personal and it all matters. so, who goes with what - it is their decisions, not mine.

again, point of my question from the beginning was that i did not feel my car was doing what i expecting it to do, so i did want those 'reference points' to figure out how much off i was or wasn`t compared to how i go at auto-x as i more or less have this stuff documented. perhaps it is something no one ever shares with anybody else. as you noticed - there were still no direct answer after almost 5 pages of responses which did go as low as moral line for those 'helpers' allowed them to go.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

who cares? ...... i do not care much. most of those people i will never see in my entire life........
Utkinpol, on a serious note........

unless you are only going to do DEs at NHMS the rest of your life, you are most likely going to meet a lot of "those people"......

I wouldn't burn any more bridges than you already have......
Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I thought so too but then remembered he asked for AIM/Google KML files a few weeks ago (which I promptly emailed to him). Normally (it seems) I don't ever help anyone out here or at the track so I must have been drunk at the time..
i remembered that, btw, so i was surprised by your response, but, as i said, it was your decision how to act, so, why not? we all make our decisions, right? no one forced you so do not take it on me.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyRjkIPXWY
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

every single word in this life, everything we say is personal and it all matters. so, who goes with what - it is their decisions, not mine.

With all due respect, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

My post trying to be helpful and your response. Thou reapest what thou sowest..

The point is Utkinpol, it sure appears you are focusing on speed. I find it hard to believe your lines are perfect and consistent in every corner/every lap. Your braking is perfect. Your transitions from brake to throttle perfect. Your steering inputs and transition are perfect. Any or all of these are MUCH more important than speed, but they all equate to more speed when mastered. Your new, your question wasn't silly nor was it out of line for someone new to track driving. Just get a bit thicker skin and listen to those with exponentially more experience than you and you will do well.
you were not my instructor, you did not drive with me, you do not know my reasons, so keep you suggestions to yourself and do not respond to my posts, is it so difficult to do?
I actually have been extremely reserved so far.....
Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Utkinpol, on a serious note........

unless you are only going to do DEs at NHMS the rest of your life, you are most likely going to meet a lot of "those people"......

I wouldn't burn any more bridges than you already have......
bridges? like an Alaskan one? man, it is CAR we talking here about. piece of a metal junk on 4 wheels.

it is quite an interesting fact that no one of responders even did not think to say that a word 'greenhorn' may be treated as an insult by people who only start this sport? i was lurking here for quite some time now and just was always curious of how much real tolerance exists here, and, as you can see - not that much... not much at all.

it was a very simple test really. a simple set of 2 direct questions with no real chances to go either way. yet somehow it went so nicely downhill with such a little effort. what is it a sign of?

Quick Reply: greenhorn`s silly post-event questions :)