Sponsored by:

Thinking about making the Boxster 100% track

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by early_grayce
Coochas has converted his boxster to near spec over the past couple of years, do a search for his posts or send him a pm.

I converted my 993 to track-only and I'm glad I did. It's a slippery slope, no use in fighting it.
But yes, I have a feeling you'll be trading your Jetta in. That's the only think I miss... the fun daily or weekend car.... something I'll be looking for in the coming months.
that's a great picture of your car, what track are you on?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:38 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Eventually, and quite soon, you're going to need two cars. One dedicated for track, and the other for street. DO NOT try and build the race car yourself, it takes too long and you'll play catch up the whole time, make a million mistakes, waste money and eventually give up, having never won a race. Buy one that is ready and concentrate on driving it, there's enough to learn without trying to develop a car, which others know how to do better anyway.
very well said GUMS- additionally in today's market there are many good deals to be found in used track cars. nothing beats the mental difference that you get in a 5 point harness and a track car, versus tracking the daily driver. period.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

BTDT. You will miss not having a car to tool around in sportingly. I've tried and always end up buying a Porsche of some sort. That's how I ended up with my 02 BoxsterS.

Quick Reply: Thinking about making the Boxster 100% track