Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those driving to the Mosport PCA race this afternoon or tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those driving to the Mosport PCA race this afternoon or tomorrow...

Note that there is some serious road paving happening on Hwy 57, north of Taunton Road. This could cause delays from 5-15 mins, depending on traffic and how lucky you are.

Best to take a right (east) at Taunton Road and 57 and take a left (north) at the next lights at Liberty street. This takes you all the way up to Regional Road 20, where you make a right (east) to Mosport. Liberty st. isn't straight and it snakes around a bit, but stay on the road and you'll end up at the 20. At 20, turn right and you're a couple of mins to the turn into Mosport Road.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the post.
I only get to Mosport 1/year. Does this reroute mostly apply to drivers coming from the West?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Yes...correct. If you're coming from the east and heading up the 115/35, you'll be ok.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ah, good. I didn't need road construction at the end of a 9 hour haul!
Good luck at the race. I'll be dubbing around in the DE and helping out with timing.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

THanks Rick. And thanks for volunteering.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 400 Posts

I will be doing the DE and volunteering to help out this weekend as well. The weather looks great! Good luck David. I wonder how many cup cars will be there. Thanks again Rick for bringing that boot (if you were able to get it). I look forward to meeting you. Have a good safe trip.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I think there's over 20 Cups thus far registered, and at least 10 in my class, GTC4. We will have some very good racing in Red, and C4. #1 and 2 in Rennpoints for C4 (me and Randy Oswald), I think Ray Arthur is 6th or so in Rennpoints, Marco Cirone in C5 who is doing very well in Patron in his first year, and also Perry Bortolotti in C5 who beat me at Calabogie in the Sunday Enduro in June, after I won on the Saturday. Also, a strong contingent of C4 and C5 cars from Montreal and Quebec...

Shouild be some VERY good racing!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Please, no more posts about how great the weather is, how many cups are there, how great it's going to be. I can't take it...

Have a great time guys!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

See you at Road America Peter!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

much tx for a wonderful time. was awsome!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Terrific event, great weather, lots of Cup cars (oh, I see I shouldn't have said that).
I had a really great time; I enjoyed the DE immensely, though I am still struggling with getting faster on a track I have only seen a couple of times.
Martin was good enough to let me follow him around the track, as was Bill N. Both helped, but I think next time I should ride with with one of them so that I get used to higher speeds. The pucker factor was holding me back.
Whether I go back is uncertain, as I did not win the free registration I was counting on. I guess my mad DE and volunteering skilz aren't a compelling reason to bring me back. Thanks for rooting for me, though, Laurel!
I will say that Canadians are excellent hosts. If you haven't been to this event and its within a day's drive (10 hours for me), you should give it a try.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was great, as ever, to see you Rick, and all the rest of the gang. I wish my head gasket had held up...maybe I would have hung around long enough to win the DE! Doh!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

And you as well; you were pretty cool about that head gasket (does driving a 200,000 mile plus 944 turbo give you a better acceptance of the inevitable?).
Leaving early meant you didn't get to share the track with the Panamera Turbo. I believe the owner's track car broke, so he took the limo out. Braver than me, that's for sure. $130k in the U.S., and who knows how much in Canada.
I left at track crossing (around 2:30 PM), pulled into Sterling at midnight - tired and dirty, but happy.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:39 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I will be doing the DE and volunteering to help out this weekend as well. The weather looks great! Good luck David. I wonder how many cup cars will be there. Thanks again Rick for bringing that boot (if you were able to get it). I look forward to meeting you. Have a good safe trip.
Great to see you, Dan - and thanks for the beer (that was by far the longest beer run of my career).
Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
And you as well; you were pretty cool about that head gasket (does driving a 200,000 mile plus 944 turbo give you a better acceptance of the inevitable?).
Good to hear you got home fine. Maybe what I was so cool about is that I had to quit driving before you got up to speed and started passing me.

Quick Reply: For those driving to the Mosport PCA race this afternoon or tomorrow...