8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

2010 German Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which station is airing the race tomorrow?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
And in the related news, those same drivers did not think Alonso would be WDC, that would be either of the RBR or McLaren drivers.
So the best driver in the sport, driving for the best/most famous team (some would even say favored by the FIA and/or FOM) is NOT expected to win the WDC...
So, why exactly did Alonso go to Ferrari rather than McLaren (oh never mind..been there, done that) or RBR ?
Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
FWIW Rosbeg out qualified his team mate by 8/000's of a second. Hardly a large margin. Nice to see Ferrari with some pace again. Sorry that Sato did not qualify.
Originally Posted by chris walrod
+1 on all accounts!!

Qualifying was pretty exciting especially with the F-cars in the mix.

What sour grapes production up again ................
Old 07-25-2010, 12:58 AM
PPo
Drifting

Sorry that Sato did not qualify.
You can't be serious! He didn't qualify, or he didn't post a time and he will be starting from the pit lane? I hope for the later...
Old 07-25-2010, 01:09 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DanR
which station is airing the race tomorrow?
I believe Fox again for you US folks. But up here in Canuckistan, I have two options. I can watch the race on Fox (delayed of course) or I can watch the race live on TSN (which if I am not mistaken picks up the feed from the BBC).
Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 AM
PPo
Drifting

This will be a great race, I would certainly not rule out Hamilton for a podium finish or seeing both him and Jense on the podium. They will take it easy, and make it to the finish line. Why do I think we will see 2 McLaren's on the podium?

First of all, tire wear on the Redbull's look horrible to me.

Second, look at who is ahead of them:

Webber - Fast, race winner, great driver, potential WDC, who loves to find a way to bin it in style every 3rd race or so.

Massa - Fast, race winner, great driver, past WDC hopefull, looking like he will have a big shunt in turn 1 during the race that will call out the safety car.

Alonso - Fast, race winner, great driver, 2xWDC, with a real aggressive attitude and desperate for a good result. The desperation could ultimately by his demise this race, epescially with "Mr. I give you no room" Vettel to contend with.

Vettel - Fast, race winner, great driver, potential WDC, still playing it fast and looser and looks like he would rather have a big shunt then let Alonso, Massa, or Webber past.

Throw these 4 in the mix ahead of the Mclaren's and chances are 2 of these guys will put themselves out during the race. One of the 4 will probably have some silly mechanical issue, or pit issue, that will allow Hamilton to podium, or worse win.

What Hammy is doing well this year is staying on track, literally, and bringing the car home in the top 3-5 with more consistency then the other drivers.

Not a Hammy fan, but the facts speak for themselves... he has done a good job... that hurt.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:15 AM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by My993C2
I believe Fox again for you US folks. But up here in Canuckistan, I have two options. I can watch the race on Fox (delayed of course) or I can watch the race live on TSN (which if I am not mistaken picks up the feed from the BBC).
Yeup, TSN uses the BBC feed... I really wish they would provide the BBC pre-race show as well. It is really well done...

The only issue is that the BBC feed can get a little annoying with the strong British favoritism... but I don't think you can really blame them.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

So good to see Masa back up there! Vetel was on fire! I do not think the Maclarens have anything for this race.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
So good to see Masa back up there! Vetel was on fire! I do not think the Maclarens have anything for this race.
Who else is up there mike ..................
Old 07-25-2010, 02:00 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
I believe Fox again for you US folks.
Glad I checked here. I just got done bitchin and moanin, cursing speed for delaying it till tuesday.
Now I can use my new DVR before sumptin spoils the race.
No way I woulda made it til tuesday.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:44 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Few are speaking at all after today's performance.
Hey I was waiting to see the qualifying session to comment but what the hell, way to go Ferrari (both drivers)!! I keep harping on this, but because F1 isn't the kind of series where anyone can win at any time, you have to make the most of every given situation, including tracks that suit your car. This is one of them for the Scuderia, so hats off thus far. I hope they can turn it into another victory! Btw, Evil Empire...what's up? Does anyone know what tires the Queen's Army qualied on?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW Rosbeg out qualified his team mate by 8/000's of a second. Hardly a large margin. Nice to see Ferrari with some pace again. Sorry that Sato did not qualify.
And?

FWIW Vettel out qualified Alonso by 2/000ths of a second for the pole position.

That's racing!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
...Qualifying was pretty exciting especially with the F-cars in the mix.
+1
The best quali of the season, you could see them hanging on to their dear lives, even Massa looked a bit like "ol' Phil Massa" before the accident and was pushing it hard which was good to see.
Ferrari definitely has made huge improvement with their Red Bull exhaust & diffuser set-up which obviously is working real well, McLarens looked little off although they're not far, should be exiting race!

And as a side note, great to see World's fastest F1 driver, even faster than the Stig (I assume you guys have been watching Top Gear) and team Williams hauling ***, it's about time to get Williams back top, I miss those days, and now with young Finnish driver (Valtteri Bottas) grooming there for 2012 season, I can't wait to have another thorn in Wayne's side to join the circus...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:16 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Is it just me or is this about as exciting as a DE?....just needed Massa to give Alonso a point by to make it complete....
Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

There was no shortage of animosity building up between the Red Bull teammates and now Ferrari is showing us they too have issues with each other. I suspect we don't see as much animosity at McLaren only because Jenson Button is a mature fellow and well what can Michael Schumacher say except "Nico is faster than me".

Team orders suck ... but it is the nature of the game.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

YES!

In spite of losing the pole position to Vettel yesterday by only 2 thousandths.

In spite of being severely cut off by Vettel at the start.

In spite of having to sit behind a slower Massa in today's race for an endless succession of laps.

In spite of the history of biased decisions made by the stewards in previous races where he could have reached the podium and lost valuable points for the WDC.

In spite of it all, Alonso and Ferrari are back!

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Is it just me or is this about as exciting as a DE?....just needed Massa to give Alonso a point by to make it complete....
It's just you. Now is when it gets interesting. 9 races to go and Ferrari on the comeback. Hungaroring will be even better!

GO ALONSO !

Quick Reply: 2010 German Grand Prix