Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
alonso couldn't pass a kidney stone
...or gas
Old 07-25-2010, 03:51 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I swear...this sh*t about team orders needs to get solved. I absolutely hate this political BS...and it's not just because it involves Ferrari, it's because it makes no goddamned sense.

from: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/2...pass-on-massa/
Ferrari fined, World Motor Sport Council to examine Alonso’s pass on Massa

July 2010 by Keith Collantine

Ferrari have been fined $100,000 for breaking the Sporting Regulations during the German Grand Prix.

The stewards of the race have also referred the matter to the World Motor Sports Council. The result of the race stands for the time being.
Fernando Alonso passed Felipe Massa to win the German Grand Prix after the team had been heard instructing Massa that he was slower than his team mate.

Massa admitted after the race he let Alonso past but said he did so of his own choosing.

The stewards found Ferrari guilty of breaking article 39.1 of the Sporting Regulations which forbid team orders that influence the outcome of the race.

They additionally adjudged it to be a transgression of article 151c of the International Sporting Code, relating to bringing the sport into disrepute, the same section that McLaren were famously found in violation of in 2007.

Last edited by enduro911; 07-25-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Quote source
Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Well another boring F1 race! I am really losing interest and getting sick of F1. After the Ferrari team order to Massa to allow Big Head Fred to pass I quickly tuned into the NASCAR Brickyard 400.

F1 totally sucks! I'm done with this series of racing. These guys can't drive for chit. They can't pass without wrecking. For open wheel racing Indy is so much better.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
They additionally adjudged it to be a transgression of article 151c of the International Sporting Code, relating to bringing the sport into disrepute, the same section that McLaren were famously found in violation of in 2007.
A fiasco that also directly involved...
wait for it...
Fernanda Alonsette.

Coincidence? I think not.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Massa took the high road, truly a company man. Although, I would have preferred to see Massa ignore the radio (radio problems??) let her pass him on her own..
Old 07-25-2010, 06:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

...also I am sick of watching F1 in standard definition on a high Def TV...WTF?!?!?!?

The NASCAR race today was much more involving and interesting. I'm settling in for the Indy race in Edmonton now.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Calling Mr. Wayne, Mr. A.Wayne:

Please tell us all how this pass was any less disgusting than the race that Schumacher was gifted from Barichello. And oh yeah, that was Ferrari too, wasn't it.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Massa took the high road, truly a company man. Although, I would have preferred to see Massa ignore the radio (radio problems??) let him pass him on his own..

Sure, like when he passed Kubica at Silverstone and it cost him a drive through penalty... I don't think so.

After that wise decision of the stewards, there will be even less drivers taking chances to pass now than before. Today was a perfect example of what they've achieved.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM
PPo
Drifting

Awwww... come on amjf088 please stay... just long enough to see if Villineuve will actually return to the sport!

Perhaps some of you are being a little sensitive... The way I see it, Ferrari where going to finish 1-2 anyhow, so the order to me really doesn't matter. Second, all teams have always used team orders, and they will continue to use team orders... the rule is silly and should be removed. I know David Coulthard agrees with me, but what does he know about F1?

Maybe Ferrari should have lied about the team rules and say: "Webber... Uhh... I mean Massa, use a different fuel setting and let Vettel, I mean Alonso catch and pass you."

or: "Hey Massa, use this wing because you are not leading the points for the team."

Don't like team orders? Well it happens in all levels of racing, it is part of the sport, you should try to accept that. F1 and the FIA are just being ignorant because a bunch of childern get thier diapers in a knot when teams try to win....

The bottom line is that Massa was pissed off by the call, and he made it to blatant and obvious. Massa a team player? I don't think so, not this race...

Perhaps they should have orchestrated it better like McLaren does... ;-)
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Fernando Alonso on proving why he is a 2X WDC.
I am grateful that I had the race on the DVR, as I was able to watch it over and over, since I simply could not believe the skill needed to execute such a pass, so cleanly, so effortlessly.
I still can not understand how he could have carried SO much exit speed out of that corner to make it look like the car he passed was sitting still...simply amazing.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Massa took the high road, truly a company man...
^ + 1

Although, I would have preferred to see Massa ignore the radio (radio problems??) let her pass him on her own..
To quote Fernando Alonso (from a radio transmission earlier in the race)....

"this is ridiculous"
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/2...o-alonso-poll/

Ferrari controversially instructed their drivers to change places while leading the German Grand Prix.

Felipe Massa allowed Fernando Alonso by into the lead on lap 48 after receiving a coded message from race engineer Rob Smedley.

Before the change of places Smedley was heard to say:

Alonso is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Rob Smedley

Not long after the message was broadcst Massa slowed at the exit of the hairpin and Alonso went pass. Afterwards Smedley told Massa:

OK mate, good lad. Stay with him now. Sorry.
Rob Smedley

The BBC’s Ted Kravitz reported a “flurry of discussion” in the 12 laps leading up to the change of position.

Ferrari clearly orchestrated the change of position and could find themselves in trouble with the sports’ governing body. Article 39.1 of the Sporting Regulations
Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Such hatred for Alonso, wow. I believe 100% that Ferrari needs to stop team orders as they have been doing it as long as I can remember but I do not see you guys beating up Schumacher about it or the team themselves. Alonso is still the best current driver in my book and apparently his peers think so as well, as he was voted best driver by the current drivers in the field.

Excellent to see Massa get his confidence back and excellent to have a three team / six driver championship with Ferrari looking competitive again.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Such hatred for Alonso, wow.
No kidding. I wonder if they feel the same about Jorge Lorenzo for winning the Moto GP U.S. Grand Prix a few minutes ago at Laguna Seca. The track even played the Italian anthem instead of Spain's by mistake.

As for Hockenheim, Massa was blocking Alonso for lap after lap. He was clearly slower and has even less of a chance of attaining WDC than Alonso.

After what happened to Alonso by passing Kubica at Silverstone and getting a drive-through penalty, he was not about to risk the stewards getting their nappies in a bunch again making him lose the race.

So the team made the call, as any team would.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
RSA333
Racer

The reality is that Alonso was not that much faster than Massa. If the team wanted Alonso to pass, then he should have accomplished it by out-racing Massa.

Again, a blatant call of "Team Orders" by Ferrari. Is the only judgment against them going to a $100,000 fine? - that's nothing. Alonso should be stripped of his win (DNF). This is a gross and obvious violation, I hope further action is undertaken. But we all know that Ferrari has "preferred status" with the F1 governing body.

Quick Reply: 2010 German Grand Prix