Old 07-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
As per PCA Club Racing Rules,

Super Classes – Classes GTA, GTB, GT-1 thru GT-6 and GTP-1 thru GTP-6

1. General Requirements
C. Engine and transmission cases must be Porsche factory components..
I am surprised someone would build a Porsche race car to such a high standard for it not to be legal for PCA club racing. Strange. I wonder if the builder of the car just never planned to race with PCA? Or, is from a PCA region that somehow doesn't enforce the Porsche case rule for the transmission?

Jeff
Old 07-18-2010, 03:06 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
I am surprised someone would build a Porsche race car to such a high standard for it not to be legal for PCA club racing. Strange. I wonder if the builder of the car just never planned to race with PCA? Or, is from a PCA region that somehow doesn't enforce the Porsche case rule for the transmission?

Jeff
PCA is hardly the only game in town. NASA GTS series allows any tranny you want.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
PCA is hardly the only game in town. NASA GTS series allows any tranny you want.
I have raced with NASA so I am very well aware of the good racing in the GTS classes and the more "open" rules. However, PCA also offers very good racing (from what I have seen here in the East) and PCA offers an experience that is different than what you can get with any other club.

I still think the car was built extremely well and is a very good value despite the fact that the car is not legal for PCA club racing. This car would be a lot of fun in NASA, POC and SCCA.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

STUNNING.......clearly a "no expense spared" build......the engine and tranny alone are worth the price....
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
I have raced with NASA so I am very well aware of the good racing in the GTS classes and the more "open" rules. However, PCA also offers very good racing (from what I have seen here in the East) and PCA offers an experience that is different than what you can get with any other club.

I still think the car was built extremely well and is a very good value despite the fact that the car is not legal for PCA club racing. This car would be a lot of fun in NASA, POC and SCCA.

Jeff
Building a compromise car to run with multiple organizations may allow for more opportunities to race, but it can also result in a car that is uncompetitive in all of them. Maybe this car builder had a specific series in mind and built the car to max out the rules for that series?

Quick Reply: 1973 Porsche 914/6 3.8 Race/Track Car Hewland 400+HP