Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Info on Deman Motorsports

Has anyone used Deman for maintenance and repair on 996. Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

yes. track support. rebuilt racecar (996 cup) i stuffed into armco at wg and basic fix it. they are outstanding and reasonable $ in a unreasonable sport
Old 07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

I was one of the first to buy his rotors. There was a design problem (which he made me aware of) and sent me a new set pronto. I'd buy from him again (and have many times) without hesitation.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick and the crew at DeMan do all of my Porsche work and have been solid since day one (which was a longggg time ago).

They are one of the best and especially here on the East Coast.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benton
You can't bring that junk on here without backing it up. Thousands of potential customers read these boards, but one can ruin a reputation with a post like that. If you have beef with them, take it to them.
I utilize Deman to maintain my two primary race cars, and basically a few other collectible historics i own, including a 993 GT1, a 962 and a Daytona Prototype. These cars are expensive, complicated, and sometimes take a few stabs to get just right. It aint easy to get parts for them, and sometimes requires some innovative, creative thought process.

I can't speak to prices because I dont shop the work around. When I'm barrelling 165mph into a braking zone, i am a tad more concerned that my brakes are setup well than whether the brake flush/bleed was a few bucks more or less than a competitor.

I believe Rick is one of the best. I put my money where my mouth is, as noted by my using him for many of my cars. Yet, There are also other good shops. ..
When equipment dont work right, particular in custom, tough jobs, all the other stuff and aggravations rise to the surface. There is a reason manufacturers dont warranty track stuff. it aint easy.
but rick is someone who gets it right jsut about all the time.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 07-09-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick, when one of our club members bought a 7cup David Donohue was at our event event doing some testing on another club members car. The driver of the 7cup asked David for any advice on driving the new trans and his exact words were " Buy yourself a spare trans now as you will need it before you learn completely how to drive it."
Old 07-08-2010, 07:39 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bobt993
Rick, when one of our club members bought a 7cup David Donohue was at our event event doing some testing on another club members car. The driver of the 7cup asked David for any advice on driving the new trans and his exact words were " Buy yourself a spare trans now as you will need it before you learn completely how to drive it."
hA! thats great. only a nut job would buy a seocnd car or a second transmission in pursuit of learning how to operate a primary.
much love for that kind of crazy.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well you can't please all the people all the time try as you might. I spent significant money with 5 east coast Porsche specialty shops and although they all tried hard and did OK I was most satisfied with DeMans group. It is a for profit organization and tracking cost money. They communicate well and can no job is outside their capability.
Count me on the satisfied side and would use them again if I go off my medication and go racing again
Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 655 Likes on 204 Posts

Hey Bill,

Great to hear from you....thanks for the kind words...

I have a car waiting for you when your cleared to go...and it's on me..!!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 114 Posts

FWIW, I have not spent a cent with Rick.

That said, he was ridiculously kind and generous to me and one of my buddies that I am trying to get 'into the fold'. The interaction concerned a lowly 86 911 on consignment, and Rick went above and beyond.

While I was more interested in checking out the serious machinery in the shop (yup, I love Trouble - what could possibly go wrong , Rick patiently spent time with my friend showing and demo-ing the car.

While nothing came of it, I greatly appreciate the courtesy extended to my friend. While Rick is clearly running a business, he has the good sense to treat everyone with respect and attention.

Thanks Rick.

Best,

Matt
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

^^ Well I have spent a cent or two with him ... and will continue to do so when the need arises. Great technical work, great staff and great support! And when spg993tt hires him for the day at the track (thanks Steve and I still owe you some $$ for the 100 octane), he and his guys take care of me like I was paying the bill . All in all a very positive experience.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

As a manufacturer, we don't buy parts from Deman, we sell them to him and he pays me. So, you can acuse me of being a paid plant.

But what I can say seriously on this topic is that our list of shops that we sell to is hundreds of names long. The list of shops we call recommended installers of our products is not much more than 3 dozen names in North America. Deman is on that list.

Regards,

Matt Monson
Guard Transmission LLC
Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rick sorted out problems with my old 930 that others couldn't get right. His car set up is outstanding and I have confidence in his work. I consider him a valuable resource and my go to person for my GT3.
His staff is skilled and leave no loose ends.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a used trans and a used motor from Rick. They were both in the exact condition that Rick said they were in, which was perfect.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great. Now with all this praise DeMans rates will go up.
See what you have done? Can't leave well enough alone.

Quick Reply: Looking for Info on Deman Motorsports