Sponsored by:

First day at autocross

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First day at autocross

So tomorrows my first day of autocross. I'm driving up to the nearby Hershey PCA event. Anyone have any tips. I drive a 951 with a LR 300 whp kit, everything else is stock.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Dave DE
Racer

This may sound really basic, but in my experience the biggest problem first timers (and some experienced) have is getting lost on the course. Get there early and walk the course as much as you can so you can learn it. Watch others drive the course to see what they are doing. Take it easy in early runs to make sure you know the course, and think about the line you want to drive.

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask more experienced folks some questions, they are usually more than willing to help out.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Take an instructor with you on every ride (the extra weight won't matter and ask to ride along with an experienced driver(s) to get a better idea of the way you should be driving.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
jensend3
Advanced

I think I did pretty well. I was faster than my friends dads NA 944 and had a 49 vs a 47 second run by a more experienced 951 driver. I took one ride along half way through and the guy told me just to keep it in second. There was a few spots i missed the power but overall my lap time fell even further thanks to this. Shifting really was seeming to upset the balance. Also i never hit a cone or anything but a few times i felt like i pushed into some corners.

Quick Reply: First day at autocross