Sponsored by:

Who is using Race Technology DL1 etc??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I too had mixed results getting it to stop logging, by itself. The button still works best for me, but we're gonna keep playing with it.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I've configured one of the buttons on the DASH three to start and stop logging so I'm not so worried about that aspect, but having it auto start has some advantages I guess. Same with filming too.
I really want to get in on this 'Webinar' that they're conducting, but having emailed them twice with no reply .
I am about to go out into the night to do some more testing at my new local 'track' lol.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

The most critical aspect of use that I have found is the data structure on the card. It is critically important to not chop up the file system. Start with a freshly formatted card, then save data to it (either setup info, track maps, or logged data). Never delete anything. Never. When you need to make a change (such as a new track map), start over from scratch with a fresh format. As far as I can figure out, the basic issue is that the DL1 writes to the compact flash at the limit of its bandwidth. If the file system gets chopped up (by deleting a file, then writing new data), the operating system has to jump around and it can't keep up. You then start to get random and weird fails, including lack of GPS lock and missing logged data.

Auto-start and auto-stop work well and reliably for me, but it is important to set the them at significantly different speeds. I don't recall my settings, but it is something like start at 40mph and stop at 10mph. If they are the same, it can confuse it and it won't start and stop reliably.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Oh, very interesting tidbit there, thanks! Sounds like a defrag is in order, before race weekends...

I'll try that setup on the start/stop, too. What's the "post-trigger" time supposed to signify??
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this back from the dead, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success using the DL1 CAN interface on a 996. I'm thinking about picking up another DL1 (sold my last one), and using the factory sensors to get additional data. I'm not sure if all the parameters of the CAN are accessible, but with the PSM system, there's a lot of useful data.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Jon, I wound up trying the Racetech product and it was very good....but I've switched to Motec so I now have this up for sale if you're interested. Dash3 + DL1 + Usb reader + cable + cards + installation discs etc all in a nice little case. $950 ex shipping.

Quick Reply: Who is using Race Technology DL1 etc??