Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROBIN HOOD RALLY !

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
tomjshore
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to all that are concerned! Gums, I am really sorry I missed meeting you the other day. Steve, congrats on a great drive on Saturday you are a great driver due some serious respect.
This entire event and the safety concerns lie on the RHR staff to provide a safe envireronment for the crew and spectators period. We as race car drivers are aware of the safety and challenges we are presented with. Everyone bashing this entire production has no clue what this is about. Yes they need to get a clue on safety for everyone but the drivers. Any driver who is willing to get behind the wheel without the proper safety equipment needs their head examined. I sure as hell would never drive in this without proper safety gear. If they choose to continue without proper safety gear so be it. Is it our, or the producers responsibility to inform them of the dangers involved in what we are doing? With all respect for everyone concerned, stop bashing this event, we are all grown adults who can make a decision to continue or not.
Happy Holidays to all!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomjshore
This entire event and the safety concerns lie on the RHR staff to provide a safe envireronment for the crew and spectators period.
That's our concern. The safety of the crew and spectators is crucial and from the snippets I have seen, it has not been properly provided.
I have no idea of the quality of cars/drivers involved, but allowing a potentially underqualified driver with perhaps substandard safety gear puts others at risk. Or alternatively allowing people to drive (and staff) a course that is considered dangerous (e.g. the finish line at the last race) is less than ideal. If the city changed the course on them and it was not considered as safe as possible, then the race should have been cancelled.
My 2cents.

But for those continuing on, have a blast and drive safe!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom, even though we didn't get to hang out, I did take the time to thoroughly examine both of your cars, and I was really impressed. Your Shelby is a sterling example of a vintage competition version, and your 968 has to be the ultimate expression of this line. We'll catch up at another event soon, I hope.

(I was hoping to post a picture of your paddock area here, but it's not in this computer, sorry)
Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Tom, Steve, Todd, etc, let me know if you are not on the email distribution list that's going around, we are working on a solution to the safety problem. Email me to get on it.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

We have set up a meeting in a few weeks for everyone including the safety people and show creator to talk about safety and courses.

In the meantime,
Bobby Waltrip interviews me and the Robin Hood Rally series creator tonight.

http://racefanradio.com/index.php?op...lly&Itemid=126

It will be archived so you can check it out later. it's also easier to listen back
with pause and rewind on the archived version so I recommend that:

http://www.racefanradio.com/drivethru/onDemand.htm
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Will it still be on versus tomorrow?
http://www.versus.com/the-robin-hood...i/2/#/item/23/
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see it listed for tomorrow. Do you know what time it's supposed to be on?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

It was rescheduled for Versus in December but now it's up in limbo due to management...
Old 10-02-2010, 12:30 PM
kush07
Racer

You all spent $5k to enter a tv show where you have to teach the producers how to run the event so people don't kill themselves?

Be safe.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

5k each, ouch.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,686 Likes on 872 Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

For me it was worth $5k, it was a unique couple of events and we had a great party tonight on Candlewood Lake in CT, the participants are a great bunch of people. I hope the event will continue with a major sponsor but if not, THAT'S RACIN'!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Think you can beat Analog Mike? Come on out and try.

Reality TV Show Robin Hood Rally holding
Open Tryouts for Season 2

The Robin Hood Rally, a Reality TV Show that gathers amateur racers to compete at high speed on Closed Public Roads, will be holding Open Tryouts for RHR2 (Season 2). The Open Tryout event will be held on May 20th-22nd in the New York Metro area. At stake during the Open Tryouts is a Cash Prize of $5k, going to the Winner of the event, and receiving Participant status for RHR2.

The Open Tryouts for RHR2 are part of the events scheduled to conclude Season 1. These Open Tryouts will give a limited number of individuals the chance to show their driver skills and courage by driving on the same closed roads as the current Season 1 Participants, and a lucky group of these individuals will be chosen as Participants for RHR2.

If you think that you have the driver skill and courage to compete on national TV then visit click on the Sign Me Up button above. Don’t wait, last season we received over 1400 applicants in less than 2 weeks and the Open Tryouts are limited to 500 seats for the May event.

For those of you that have followed Season 1, we have had incredibly exciting racing events, great competitors, a really fun and diverse group of cars, and we have helped and touched the lives of terrific people in a number of communities in the Northeastern United States. The racers represent a wide socio-economic mix limited only by their imagination and raw talent. The Season 1 racers are competing in their own equally diverse cars on closed public road courses. These road courses consist of 4-5 mile loops closed road courses similar to the Nürburgring in Europe and Watkins Glen or Virginia International Raceway here in the US.

The Robin Hood Racers pass through and touch the rural heartland of America and provide incredible fun and entertainment along the way by competing in a show where the contest redefines Reality TV.

For additional information please visit the Website and review the Rally Overview, FAQ's, and About Us sections.

http://www.robinhoodrally.com
Old 02-18-2011, 03:08 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am totally blown away that this is back.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

"Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me, we can't get fooled again."

Quick Reply: ROBIN HOOD RALLY !