Sponsored by:

Mid-Ohio DE Event

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

I have run with NNJR before and will go on record as stating they run a top notch DE. Unfortunately, I can't make it this time.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

"I have run with NNJR before and will go on record as stating they run a top notch DE. Unfortunately, I can't make it this time."
AGREE
I've had only great experiences with NNJR. I was a student the first time, and instructed with them after that. I always try to find their events and run with them, without hesitation. The "work" enabled me to make some new friends.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
"I have run with NNJR before and will go on record as stating they run a top notch DE. Unfortunately, I can't make it this time."
AGREE
I've had only great experiences with NNJR. I was a student the first time, and instructed with them after that. I always try to find their events and run with them, without hesitation. The "work" enabled me to make some new friends.
Ran with them last year as a newbie student. What attracted me to this event was the 3-day window, for the student price, seemed like a lot of track time for the money. The 4-hour 1 of 3 days, while not on track or in class, help out a bit, was not an issue.

As already posted, I do not think that applies to instructors.

So taking into account the price and all students are asked to help out, one could postulate the discount for helping out is already baked into the student price.

For new students, I think it was a good thing to learn and see how these events are run, I see this as a plus to new students, and not a burden to experienced students.

The NNJR folks I talked to / worked with were all a good group folks, bar none.

They also ran a surprise Black Flag drill near the end of one session on day 3 for the newbie group, and I think that was a great lesson to learn / practice to re-enforce the idea of flagging and flag stations to newbie DEs.

I had a safe and fun time running with them last year and I came away from their event an MidOhio with a better appreciation for all the unsung people who make PCA events a great bargain, after doing my bit last year.

Many hands make light work.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 PM
sparks259
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

to all those who posted positive remarks about nnjr, thank you.
like i said, for those that can make the mid-ohio de, give it a try,
who knows you just might have a good time.
tomorrow is memorial day, so please take a moment out between 'burgers and remember our soldiers who are protecting us from those that wish to do us harm and not being with their loved as we have the opportunity to do.

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio DE Event