Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHY IS THE SPEC BOXSTER SMACKTALK THREAD LOCKED?????????? CENSORSHIP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

With a FEW exceptions, the E class drivers might as well be driving boxsters....
Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked out the roster for the PCA Club race at VIR. Seems like Spec Boxster is the way to go with 10% of the field so far and the largest class
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
Just checked out the roster for the PCA Club race at VIR. Seems like Spec Boxster is the way to go with 10% of the field so far and the largest class
You won't get past Hyperfest...Whittle is registered..
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by fuhrius
I'm easily more ashamed of this thread and some of the bizarre sentiment reflected than I would be of driving any car...let alone a boxster.

but what do I know? I drive a boxster. I like driving. I'd probably like driving your car too.
I feel bad also, as I feel the Spec Boxsters are going to be hammered by the D Stock 911's and Tim and the whole Werkstatt crew will have to committ Hari Kiri...
Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
Hyperfest is a giant stripper pole with fistfights in the stands... would be great if the strippers had teeth...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I feel bad also, as I feel the Spec Boxsters are going to be hammered by the D Stock 911's
Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think we are planning on doing Hyperfest until the KNUCKLEHEADS are cleaned up in GTS-2. Tim what are your thoughts?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the spec boxsters will do well at the Glen. I've got to think they'll show setup improvement after every race and the platform will get stronger and stronger as the testing data comes in. The D and E cars setup haven't really evolved in years other than a sway bar adjustment here and there (except Fred's recent changes). A lot of the improvement we're seeing is in engine rebuilds. The LRP raced is very good example of that. I think we'll see 2:15's and maybe even a .14 out of the top boxsters at the Glen. I've also got to think the aero is much better on the boxster which will be a big help at the Glen as well.

I think spec boxster will get very interesting once the engine rebuilds or replacement starts to happen and you see performance gaps and the field will have to decided if they want to pay to be competitive. It might become an engine class just like D and E. You can't be competitive in D or E with an original motor - or a stock motor
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
TIM COSTA
Pro

The Spec Boxster guys are boycotting HypercrashFest until guys like him are delt with properly. Now I hear he has an even faster car so he'll be able to hit more people as he pushes his way around the track.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Bastards!
no ****, dinners at the lodge have a way of producing "remember when..." kind of stories.

just spat some coffee on the keyboard.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
The Spec Boxster guys are boycotting HypercrashFest until guys like him are delt with properly. Now I hear he has an even faster car so he'll be able to hit more people as he pushes his way around the track.
Tim...you really need to post your video of the anti drafting moves on the back straight at VIR...words can not describe...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
I think the spec boxsters will do well at the Glen. I've got to think they'll show setup improvement after every race and the platform will get stronger and stronger as the testing data comes in. The D and E cars setup haven't really evolved in years other than a sway bar adjustment here and there (except Fred's recent changes). A lot of the improvement we're seeing is in engine rebuilds. The LRP raced is very good example of that. I think we'll see 2:15's and maybe even a .14 out of the top boxsters at the Glen. I've also got to think the aero is much better on the boxster which will be a big help at the Glen as well.
This isn't the place for talk like that..
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Well, maybe not by MY D Stock 911...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F

I think spec boxster will get very interesting once the engine rebuilds or replacement starts to happen and you see performance gaps and the field will have to decided if they want to pay to be competitive. It might become an engine class just like D and E. You can't be competitive in D or E with an original motor - or a stock motor
Agreed. There will be spec boxsters and then spec boxsters...
Old 05-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Agreed. There will be spec boxsters and then spec boxsters...
I remember when that happened in the old F Troop. I rebuilt my 72,000 mile Carrera motor over one winter expecting to have a small advantage the next season, only to find out at the first race that Scotto, Westerduin & a few more had done the very same thing. I guess that no one cheated, because we were all still dead-even down the straights.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: WHY IS THE SPEC BOXSTER SMACKTALK THREAD LOCKED?????????? CENSORSHIP?