Sponsored by:

OT: Outdoor security cameras

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at D-link.

For work, we have 3 D-link cameras that have a built in HTTP server. One issue is placing the camera indoors vs outdoors. Our project is outdoors so we have some pricey housings that have heaters and fans to prevent condensate on the camera/housing.

Also, you don't want the camera to look directly into the sun at sunrise/sunset. We've done that and one of our cameras is very messed up.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.X10.com

X10 has all sorts of security cameras, software for recording and remote control for less than an oil change in a 997.

I just put 6 cameras, in the house for $249. I get emails when one of the cameras detects motion and I can view the camera and pan the cameras from work.

My 18yo decided he wants to live with me. He probably thinks he'll have the run of the house when I'm at work. I have a surprise for him.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:56 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pmgoodwin
I get emails when one of the cameras detects motion .... My 18yo decided he wants to live with me. He probably thinks he'll have the run of the house when I'm at work. I have a surprise for him.
See below for sample output from this Swann camera/receiver, used in combination with a slingbox.

Receiver/camera combination: $140.
Additional cameras: $30ea.

Future video of 18yr old having run of the Goodwin house: priceless!
YOU'VE GOT MAIL!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: OT: Outdoor security cameras