Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:11 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

cutting into my sleep time to upload these photos!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

somewhere in iowa

still somewhere in iowa

Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 AM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the in car video if the first session of Road America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAJ2WNZ6vo
Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

way overrev on downshifts?????
Old 05-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Leh, congratulations on your first place at Road America!! The GTRs and Corvettes must have been thinking "What the he!! just happened?? How did we just get beaten by a Porsche 911 at a really fast track like Road America??!!??" The combination of the car, car prep and your driving skills rose to the top at the challenge where it really matters -> the race course segments!!

I was surprised to see the Ultima GTR and Ferrari F430 place as low as they did. And, what is up with that VW GTI?? How did that thing beat the F430?

And, thanks for taking the time to post updates and pictures. I really appreciate it. The weather shown in your most recent update sure looks gorgeous. I look forward to seeing further updates and hopefully an overall win for you and Top Speed!!

Jeff
Old 05-02-2010, 01:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Cool thread, thanks for posting, hope to participate myself some time..

Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
Leh, congratulations on your first place at Road America!! The GTRs and Corvettes must have been thinking "What the he!! just happened?? How did we just get beaten by a Porsche 911 at a really fast track like Road America??!!??" The combination of the car, car prep and your driving skills rose to the top at the challenge where it really matters -> the race course segments!!

I was surprised to see the Ultima GTR and Ferrari F430 place as low as they did. And, what is up with that VW GTI?? How did that thing beat the F430?

And, thanks for taking the time to post updates and pictures. I really appreciate it. The weather shown in your most recent update sure looks gorgeous. I look forward to seeing further updates and hopefully an overall win for you and Top Speed!!

Jeff
Jeff,

As always the driver makes a huge difference. A lot of these tracks drivers are seeing for the 1st time. Think about going out an a new track 1 recon lap and then going ***** out for 3 laps. It isn't for the faint of heart if you want to run @ the front. The GTI is a FAST well driven car by veteran One Lapper's.

Peter
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Leh's kickin some butt! Nice job. Is that car for sale after the event is over? If so, I got dibs on getting my One Lap partner back. I will put a way to watch Ricky Bobby in there for us for the transit legs.

--Donnie
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

And if the car isn't for sale, well, I've got a Cayman in need of a front splitter. It has a 911 front end, so it should be cake. Then I just need a matching wing....

--Donnie
Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Leh,

Nice job. Why did they use thew chicane before the kink? That separates the men from the boys.

Without the chicane Leh would have beaten them by even more.

Chris
Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

I think we might keep the Porsche around after onelap. She is a pretty mean girl!

I will post up official results as soon as they are available, but we just swept the Mid America event. If my math is correct I think we just pulled into first place in points as well. I will get times when they are available.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CicioTopSpeed
I think we might keep the Porsche around after onelap. She is a pretty mean girl!
I figured. Didn't hurt to ask.

I will post up official results as soon as they are available, but we just swept the Mid America event. If my math is correct I think we just pulled into first place in points as well. I will get times when they are available.
You're tied with the remaining GT-R for first since they came in second in both events and you were behind by 10 going into today (five points separate each position). Of course, you should have gotten bonus points for winning the first event by more than SIX seconds over second place and TEN seconds over third.

Shake and bake!

--Donnie
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CicioTopSpeed

I want to see this car run in person, you guys going to bring it out to Road Atlanta or something of that nature soon? NASA TT, Chin, anything?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
DougTopSpeed
Former Vendor

While tied for overall points we are destroying them in class points. So in the event of a tie in overall the look at class which puts us in 1st position overall now. Sorry posting from my phone.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DougTopSpeed
While tied for overall points we are destroying them in class points. So in the event of a tie in overall the look at class which puts us in 1st position overall now. Sorry posting from my phone.
I'm confused. You're in the same class and you are shown tied for that, too.

Not that it matters, this thing won't be tied at the end.

--Donnie
Old 05-03-2010, 12:35 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Donnie.. u Lap Dog..

the points system works in 5's... for class and overall.. other class cars got inbetween us and the gtr on the sidpad... so that spread our overall gap.. but the class gap we lost less then half those points...

Quick Reply: Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America