2.78%
Rubens Barrichello
31.94%
Robert Kubica
25.00%
Sir A.Wayne
4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Multiple Choice - who is most honest in F1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:42 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

I can't believe no one has mentioned Sato?!>!>!??? He's been keeping his nose clean, not getting bitch slapped etc.

I was at the ALMS race last Saturday in Long Beach and saw the IRL qualifying before the race. Everyone witnessed Sato stay out of everyone's way and manage to not hit any competitors or walls. CF futures were down on Monday. Sorry Lewis, could resist.....
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Not sure how you can assess a driver's honesty. Very subjective question.
Without wanting to seem like a knee jerk Patriot, I vote for Webber just based on the interviews I've seen of him. Aussies tend to be very down to Earth and call it as they see it.
Don't get me wrong Patrick, I like Mark Webber too (even though he can do some boneheaded things) but when was the last time you didn't pick Webber?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
I can't believe no one has mentioned Sato?!>!>!???
Sato was omitted from the poll because his integrity is beyond reproach. No point in voting on the obvious.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Sato was omitted from the poll because his integrity is beyond reproach. No point in voting on the obvious.
I would also like to point out that Sato is also the most consistent.
Just wind him up, put him on track and he is sure to find the carbon fiber...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:02 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Don't get me wrong Patrick, I like Mark Webber too (even though he can do some boneheaded things) but when was the last time you didn't pick Webber?
lol, yes I know Larry, but as I said it wasn't actually based on some sort of misguided idolatry of him. It's just that I've seen him interviewed and he does say what he thinks and is very straightforward. I also think he gets unfairly castigated for some things that are out of his control. He does make some mistakes and I preface any of my pics for him by saying that I don't actually think he's the best ever or even the best this year. Someone who can get a pole position or two and many fastest laps during the course of a race can't be a total flunky. Remember last year which was his most successful season to date, he was coming back from being run over while cycling for charity. I think he's got a pretty thick skin and lots of guts.

REALLY not sure on his choice of partner though. Err the less said the better....
Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

After some thought, I think the most honest driver in F1 was Kimi.

He always said what was on his mind (the few times he did speak) and he did come out and say that he did just slip and fall off the yacht in Monaco.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
After some thought, I think the most honest driver in F1 was Kimi.

He always said what was on his mind (the few times he did speak) and he did come out and say that he did just slip and fall off the yacht in Monaco.
Plus when he was taking a dump, he said that in live interview too... That was classic!
There's no question that guy was and is honest and doesn't mind speaking his mind.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

In the circus that is F1 Kimi was not always an enthralling interview, but saw him once on Top Gear or 5th Gear where he was trying to coach one of the guys into driving a rally car in one of the local events. He was much more forthcoming and lets face it, human. I found myself liking him more after that.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Has to be our "drive of the race goes to Alonso", Raj (Wayne loves Alonso but even he some times admits Alonso screws up and has on multiple occasions said he's a bit of a puss).
Wasn't me
Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
IMO it's easier to be honest when you're not competing for podiums. I really respect someone like Vettel who manages to race clean even though he knows every point will count at the end of the season. Especially since he is not very old. When you compare Vettel to someone like Hamilton who let's his lets his emotions get the better of him quite often shows you the real skill of Vettel. Regardless of whether he wins this year or not, I think this guy will be a multiple time champion eventually.
When vettel does not win the WDC this year , the pressure will be on, currently Vettel is where Hamilton was when he was in Alonso's shadow at Mclaren. When Vettels fails to produce the desired results , there will be more pressure form the press etc, he will have to sharpen up, it's obvious success requires some " edge" in F1 ...

Originally Posted by ltc
Who voted for Alonso ?
Alonso and Honest in the same sentence?

I have no knowledge of the stolen Ferrari data and how it got to McLaren and what Pedro De LaRosa was doing at the test track all the time...

I have no idea why the team kept me in the pits an extra 10 seconds while Lewis was behind me...

I have no idea why Renault fueled me so light starting 15th on a street circuit....

Technically, I should just delete him from the poll......

LOL... Who voted for Schumacher , not even Petey would have voted .

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Plus when he was taking a dump, he said that in live interview too... That was classic!
There's no question that guy was and is honest and doesn't mind speaking his mind.
Yes Alcohol does that to you .........

Quick Reply: Multiple Choice - who is most honest in F1?