Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here have laser eye surgery? Happy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
And while VR can see through women's clothes. I continue to enjoy using Braille.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who have had the "monovision" procedure, was there discussion prior to the procedure regarding its effects on depth perception? And, after the procedure, have you noticed any negative impacts to your depth perception?

Jeff
Old 02-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
For those of you who have had the "monovision" procedure, was there discussion prior to the procedure regarding its effects on depth perception? And, after the procedure, have you noticed any negative impacts to your depth perception?

Jeff
I was actually going to have both eyes done but on the last checkup, the day before the procedure, the surgeon recommended starting with only the worse of the two eyes. His logic was that the better of the two eyes had probably become somewhat lazy from wearing glasses and might improve after I stopped wearing them. He was right.

No depth problems. Some night time haloing of bright lights, particularly be tired. Best healthcare related money ever spent.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Got mine done in 1998. Before: couldn't read the big E. After: 20/15 in both eyes. 12 years later at 51, no long-term negatives, and thankfully haven't needed reading glasses yet.
I too got it done right about the same time and am also 51 this year. Night halos for a month or so after it was done. great outcome overall.

As time went by I have gone from 20/20 or better to needing about -1 diopter for distance. My eyes changed slightly but the good side is the -1 neg shift has preserved my reading vision. I use glasses at night to drive but don't need them to read. (yet)

Quick Reply: Anyone here have laser eye surgery? Happy?