Sponsored by:

Marcos Ambrose & NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Anyone see Sam Hornish's comments about running NASCAR and how Danica will do? I think it was in Racer magazine. What he said was that if you typically run 5th or 6th in Indycar (which Danica often did) you run in 30th in NASCAR - that's how good the talent is. Hornish won I think 3 Indy titles and races for Penske in cup and is not doing well. NASCAR drivers are the real deal.
I agree with you. They are real racers. They are probably the best at dealing with intense and constant fighting for position and in wheel to wheel racing.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Right now NASCAR is the top form of oval racing in the world. The best oval racers run there.

Now are best racers in the world oval racers or road racers? Interesting question. Heck what about the Rally guys?

I have never felt NASCAR sprint cup was easy. Too many drivers have spent their lives doing that over the years you learn how to make nealy 2 ton brick fly. It is not easy. Never the less I still don't care for NASCAR in one bit. I hate that form of racing and hate those cars. I would be 40% of the drivers in sprint cup would rather run open wheel cars to road courses. However they don't because NASCAR is where the money is. Hey we may want to car engineers at Porsche, but have to settle for Ford since they are the only ones paying.

Point is while I may dispariage the cars and the series the drivers and the teams all work very hard to do what the can to make their nearly 2 ton crap boxes work. I give them credit for that.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Now are best racers in the world oval racers or road racers? Interesting question. Heck what about the Rally guys?
Best RACERS or best at car control? Very different in my opinion. Drifters have great car control, but they can't race. NASCAR drivers do more actual racing than most anyone, which is why competitive spirits from other "less racy" series enjoy it despite the limited technology and ovals.

Ultimately, are you a race or a DE driver?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Best RACERS or best at car control? Very different in my opinion. Drifters have great car control, but they can't race. NASCAR drivers do more actual racing than most anyone, which is why competitive spirits from other "less racy" series enjoy it despite the limited technology and ovals.

Ultimately, are you a race or a DE driver?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Der Professor has driven a couple of NASCAR chassis / engine combos.

1. The power is intoxicating

2. Handling ? Think "180mph schoolbus".

3. Those guys are real shoes.

Quick Reply: Marcos Ambrose & NASCAR